“Excellent Service”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam
Ranked #54 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel over the Christmas period and I have to say the service I have received was excellent. Was always served with a smile. We stayed in a deluxe room and the size was great and it was very quiet. The staff also knew the special requirements we put in our booking and did every effort to meet them. We also were feeling unwell one morning and the staff came to the room and checked on us every 30 minutes to make sure we were completely comfortable and satisfied. I would truly recommend this hotel purely on their service and hospitality but this hotel has everything and is a very nice hotel inside and out. 5 stars.

Reviewed December 25, 2009

Once you find it, relatively hidden in Amsterdam's maze of streets and canals, the Radisson is really a delight. The rooms are big and well designed; we got free wireless access, and the breakfast is a bountiful buffet. Getting both in the 'conference price' made the room rates quite reasonable. The neat architectural tricks the designers used to keep the facade and atmosphere of two centuries ago with all the conveniences of a modern hotel made me smile every time I discovered a new part of the facility (which has a tunnel under the street between the two 'wings'). The service personnel were exceptionally friendly, although not particularly experienced. English is the hotel's working language as few of the employees are Dutch. Given this diversity, the hotel appears very well managed and adept at moving customers through the lobby and helping them take advantage of the fantastic city -- all in walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Xamb
Reviewed December 21, 2009

As you can see from all my reviews, I stay in hotels very often. I have become more and more used to it and as a result, I know exactly what I want. My wife and I chose this hotel because of its great location. It's true, it's very well located. We didn't take any public transport once in the whole weekend....how nice! (we only took a train to get back to the airport). The staff is fantastic! They have a great understanding of what service means! The hotel Manger, that we met does a fantastic job! There is a great feel in this hotel. It's lively and warm. I would have given this hotel five stars if I hadn't tried that many hotels in the past). I am only keeping five stars for the "coups de coeurs"...my personal favourites. I recomend this hotel! Go for it, it's very nice.

Reviewed December 13, 2009

The best part of this comfortable friendly hotel was the beautiful bar area that once was the home of a priest. The staff were very helpful and the bar snacks good value for money.
The staff of the hotel were efficient and helpful. The rooms comfortable and very clean, and the hotel is central to all the things you would want to see when visiting Amsterdam. We travelled in a female group of a mother and 3 daughter for the youngests 18th birthday. When we arrived we asked for our rooms to be on the same floor, and this was done without a fuss. There is a pleasant gym area, easliy accessed through an internal under road route, and the hotel is clearly well maintained throughout.
The breakfast was good with a full range to suit vegetarians too.
Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank MagBlossom
Reviewed December 11, 2009

My wife and I arrived at the Radisson Blu early (due to our flight times) on Saturday morning at around 09:30 and asked to leave our suitacases with the concierge. The hotel Duty Manager (Peter ...) immediately checked our booking, confirmed that a room was available, upgraded us to `Business` and completed all the reservation details in under two minutes. The room (in the block across the road - accessed via the undergound walkway) was spotlessly clean, very spacious and warmly furnished and incl. a coffee machine. We had a couple of lights not working which were replaced within 5 minutes of our contacting reception. The breakfast is probably the best (choice) we've had anywhere. We ate in the hotel restaurant on our 2nd eve and although a little quiet the service was excellent and friendly and the meal perfect. Visit the bar, the barman was very friendly and helpful on things to do / see. This hotel is a `Must Stay`, perfectly located and just far enough away from the City centre (and Red Light District) for a peaceful, relaxing and luxurious stay. Tips: If you're going to visit Anne Franke's house (recommended), pre-book on-line. The queue can be very long at any time of day. Red LIght District, worth a visit but a little seedy and often sad. Many groups of lads, 18 - 25ish, `enjoying` their first experiences ... Visit Mulligans Irish Bar (100 Amstel), excellent trad. music, very friendly and just about the best Guinness outside of Dublin.

2  Thank Rovingbrits
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I must admit that I was somewhat disappointed after staying here for a weekend in November. I guess that I was expecting more from a 5 star hotel. The service was adequate and the size of the room was adeqaute (except for the bathroom which was small). The bed was small and the pillows were extremely uncomfortable. The pillows actually ruined 2 nights of good sleep. The overall appearence of the hotel is influenced by the fact that the hotel was renovated quite a few years ago, a refresh is in order. The location of the hotel is perfect. The total price was ok.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B142
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We stayed here for a couple of nights and really enjoyed it immensely. The service we received was brilliant, the staff were all superbly accommodating and met any request, from turning off the mini-bar for the added quiet to loaning us umbrellas when it rained was done with a smile and professionalism. We fully intend to return here a soon as is possible, and there's no need for us to consider any other hotel. it's well located, and once you get tuned in to the city layout this really shows. This was our first visit to Amsterdam and not once did we feel uncomfortable walking back late at night.... we also didn't need to go through the red light area to get anywhere..........

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple