“Great Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam
Ranked #54 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu for 3 nights. It is situated on a quiet street in a fabulous central location (5 minute walk to Dam Square). The hotel lobby is expansive and airy. We were in a "superior" room with a king size bed - very spacious room; large bathroom and immaculately clean!
We included the breakfast in our rate - the buffet was quite good - choices ranged from a variety of fresh-cut fruits to yogurts to meats to cheeses to "made to order" eggs. It was more than enough to keep us going til a mid-afternoon snack. The bar was comfortable and afforded a great place to watch World Cup Soccer with other guests. There is a work-out area but as we walked and biked literally everywhere in the city, we never used it or visited it. The concierge staff as well as the reception staff were gracious and polite. We would certainly stay here again upon our return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have spent in this hotel one night waiting for flight. Hotel is well situated in Amsterdam's city center. I had very nice room with queens bad, kettle and what is most important for me during business trips ironing set. Room was spacy and nice, bath room clean. I had the whole afternoon free so I did the channels boat trip ( 10 EUR) the stop is situated 5 min. walk from the hotel. I received the city map and some hints about most interesting places. Due to convenient location you can easily walk to main attractions. If you prefer shopping than touring you may also reach the shopping area which is 10 min walk from hotel.
Being there try to manage do the boat trip. It takes 1 hour and you can do it even late night, this may give you some taste of Amsterdam. I can recommend staying it this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and thank you for your recommendation. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

It was my first time at Amsterdam.
This hotel is a very good choice, location is very good, just I have got very small room and there were no possibility to change it, front desk told this in not very polite way....
Rates are too high.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Your comments are valued, and will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

After 24 days on a cruise ship we flew to Amsterdam and stayed at the Radisson Blu. From the moment we walked in to getting our taxi at 4:30 am was one of the best stays at a hotel. The staff was wonderful, breakfast was great, the bar was awesome. We walked almost everywhere we wanted to go. Nice location and for the most part quite.

Looking forward to stay here again.

Room Tip: we were in the other building 2nd floor, across the street (under ground) excellent location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We are delighted to read that you have had one of your best stays at a hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Overall this hotel is in a very good location on a fairly quiet side street in the central canal district. It is within easy walking district to most everything you will want to see in Amsterdam including the train station and museums. I felt the hotel was overly priced for the quality and comfort of the rooms. We booked a Deluxe Room for 4 nights. The drink prices at the bar are overpriced, so if you hang at the bar make certain to check the menu before ordering a drink. Also, if you book a discounted rate using AAA or other, make certain you have your member card with you as they will not allow the discount unless you provide your member number.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are grateful for your rating and looking forward welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and really enjoyed my stay.

The people were nice and friendly, the room looked good. The TV offered several European channels and I had WLAN in my room (not sure if that was because of a special rate). AC worked fine, the bath was good and clean.

Breakfast was also very good. A great variety of food, which tasted good. The breakfast room was also very nice and I felt comfortable.

The hotel offered a gym as well, but I didn't try it, so I can't say anything about it.

For me it was the first time in Amsterdam and I really liked the stay. The location is perfect to explore the city. Very close to the city centre and next to several canals. I walked the way from the main station the hotel.

I stayed here for a business trip, but I would book it for private use too. And I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

We are delighted to read you have had a lovely stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation and of course taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. Looking forward welcoming you again on your next trip to Amsterdam.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a couple times over the years. It's in a great location in the heart of Amsterdam within walking distance of dam square, the museums, flower market and most attractions. Walking to the left out of the hotel (opposite of the red light district) is a great neighborhood feel with wonderful photo opportunities of the canals. Nicely decorated, spacious rooms and friendly staff. This hotel continues to be my first choice when visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We are delighted to read you have had a lovely stay with us, and we are pleased to welcoming you each time. Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. Looking forward welcoming you again on your next trip to Amsterdam.