“Excellent”

Ranked #52 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've spended a very good time in your lovely hotel, i'll come back, for me , this hotel has a stand level like a little palace, my family ans i, we were so please, congratulations, the master was the quality of breakfast, such a delight level, tasting, lot of choices, well presented

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great hotel in a central location, spent best part of a week here for business. Comfy beds, great service across the hotel and good food. I'd personally eat else where, while ok the food was expensive but still a good solid business hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dublin
Reviewed January 25, 2014

A lovely receptionist welcome me and my girlfriend, (sorry I did write her name), she acknowledges us daily and engage talks and tips for our daily sightseeing in Amsterdam. Location is central. Our room was well appointed but we didn't stay so much in. Breakfast has a great choice and was good. We will come back for sure!

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AniaFranek
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved this location for walking around Amsterdam without having to listen to street noise all night long. The hotel is only a couple blocks from the major tourist areas and squares. We were upgraded to a business class room - and it was nice - but it was across the street from the main hotel. This meant taking an elevator down to the lower level, walking across the way, and taking another elevator back up to our floor. Our room had no view whatsoever... just a brick wall of a neighboring building. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good and extensive. Service was hit or miss. The check-in clerk was friendly, but we had security pounding on our bedroom door at 1am as we laid in bed laughing and watching a movie. He said we were being so loud that he could hear us from the door. That shouldn't be surprising seeing as how we could hear every door that closed and people that walked down the hallway. Unless you have quiet hours posted, the hotel needs to insulate their rooms better to make sure noise is not an issue.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great location, just in the centre, 5-10mins by walk to Red District, Rembrand Sq.,Dam Sq, etc..just in the middle..coffee shop at the corner :) Hotel luxurious for great price! Close by Brasserie with fantastic B-Fast!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here for three nights and the service was just as poor as their WiFi.
We sent an email in advance with some questions and preferences. The answers we got were like "We will do our best but we can not promise anything" - I understand that, but Radisson is after all a "Yes, I can"-hotel.

What surprised me the most was when we asked for late check out the day before we were supposed to leave and then the receptionist said we had to call the reception at the check-out day early in the morning to see if it was possible....ok.

One of our preferences was to get a room in the scandinavian style, at check in the receptionist said they blocked that kind of room for us, so we would get what we wanted, but we got something else - a room that I can't even see on their website, but it looked more like maritime style than the scandinavian. It was still a nice room, but it didn't look like the one we asked for at all.

Another thing is that they take 50 euros authorization for EACH night. I prepaid the hotel to be done with it, but then I had to authorize 150 euros and at check out I had to pay for "city taxes" - I also asked the receptionist when they were gonna come back in my account and she did the "I don't know" with the shoulders and face and THEN she asked her colleague - in my opinion body language don't belong in the front desk. The money came back in _three_ days.
I have stayed in more hotels from the same brand in Amsterdam, and the others only take 50 euros for the authorization even if we stayed for three nights or so.

I wouldn't say it's the best central location, for the price it should be better(more central) or at least closer to the tramp.

A good thing was the cleaning, the only thing that bothered me about that, was that we did put all the hotel commercials and information forms at other places in the room and the maid put them back where they were supposed to be, even in between our stuff.

I don't think I will stay here again or recommend it to others.

Room Tip: You should all ask for a room with a view, otherwise you'll get a room with a view of the inside...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jale1993
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel is recently refurbished and remains amongst the very top of what Amsterdam has on offer. Perfect service, perfect location and of course fee high speed WIFI. Restaurant the Aplmboom (recently renewed too) is perfect for dinner and breakfast. Seemless experience

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business