“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlestown
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were very happy with our stay. Easy check in. Centrally located. Staff very accommodating. Rooms were amazing. Very spacious and comfortable beds. Breakfast buffet very nice. In a safe area and not too close to Red Light District. We were able to walk everywhere from here. We would definately stay here again if we came back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daydreamisle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Check in was exceptional, and apart from one gruff concierge every member of the team were exceptional and had a great sense of humour. The room was divine with comfortable beds and a beautiful chair! The restaurant catered extremely well for my gluten and dairy intolerances and the food was very nice. The foyer with its glass roof joining two older buildings was unique and created a light filled lovely space to sit.
This hotel has an excellent location, so close to beautiful restaurants and coffee shops, and very close to tram connections which enabled us to explore. highly recommended!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Twomarys
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When I made the booking at a "Raddison Blu", I expected top-notch service and an exceptional experience.
To my surprise, I didn't find this hotel up to my standards of a 5-star worldwide chain.
For the first time in my life and after touring 15 countries, I had to take my luggage to my room without any offer of help. The rooms are small, and there were no complimentary water bottles!

When I needed a phone charger in my room for 30 minutes only as I was packing my bag, they refused to bring me one to the room even though I expressed the lack of time to go downstairs and leave my phone. They do not go out of their way to fulfill their customers' requests and that's a big turn-off for a frequent traveler like myself.

Breakfast is priced at 35 euros, which is insanely expensive for the limited options they have. You can go to the nearest "regular" cafe and get a pastry and coffee for 5 euros and you're all set for the day.

Other than location, this hotel is not worth my money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank GlobeTrekkerFromDC
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after a previous reservation with another place was cancelled. We were very pleased with the stay. The hotel was in a great, central location and had a nice breakfast buffet and amenities. Their service was very helpful (but not overly friendly). Very easy check-in and check-out procedures, although we did have to wait 30 minutes longer to check-in than expected. The real benefit to this place is that it is right in the center of town, but in a nice, safe area and not in the heart of the Red Light District. Very glad I stayed there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Rooms were clean and neat. Service was friendly as you'd expect in a radisson.there was a problem checking in when we first arrived due to the computers being down but we were offered complimentary drinks for our wait.
Everything is in easy walking distance. Great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tel-Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great place to stay in Amsterdam! The hotel locate in the center of the city, few minutes walking from almost any tourist attraction, and yet - not to crowdy or "over touristic".
The breakfast is delicious and םffers a large selection of dishes.
While our stay at the hotel we had a problem with air conditioning in our room, the lovely staff sent a technician the same day and offered heater until the problem is resolved.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Location is right outside of the red light district, so very in town. I walked from the train station to the hotel, although I got lost I didn't have good directions and it is really not that far if you don't have a big bag. Rooms were well appointed, good lighting and good bathrooms. Liked the breakfast- not overwhelming with stuff but just the right things to make it what I needed! I did not use the gym so no idea what it was like!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends