“Great Hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tel-Aviv
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great place to stay in Amsterdam! The hotel locate in the center of the city, few minutes walking from almost any tourist attraction, and yet - not to crowdy or "over touristic".
The breakfast is delicious and םffers a large selection of dishes.
While our stay at the hotel we had a problem with air conditioning in our room, the lovely staff sent a technician the same day and offered heater until the problem is resolved.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Location is right outside of the red light district, so very in town. I walked from the train station to the hotel, although I got lost I didn't have good directions and it is really not that far if you don't have a big bag. Rooms were well appointed, good lighting and good bathrooms. Liked the breakfast- not overwhelming with stuff but just the right things to make it what I needed! I did not use the gym so no idea what it was like!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York, NY
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel was is a short walk to most sights. It is large and busy but I think the staff is still pretty attentive and kind. Breakfast was not my favorite. You have to ask for coffee and there is some unofficial system of getting your bread toasted (way too much trouble in the morning). Also, be forewarned, breakfast is often chaotic. My room was clean enough, I was just thankful I got a street view rather than a view of the atrium. My room did feel somewhat dated, the white marble bathroom in particular. All in all, the hotel met my needs satisfactorily but by no means did it exceed my expectations or blow me away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I spent 6 nights at this hotel for business in September 2013. I also spent a night here last time, almost exactly 15 years ago and to my great surprise the room had not been renovated and looked exactly the same. This is most likely the only negative thing, the quality of the rooms besides the fact that there is good airconditioning. To the postives. The breakfast is great, well made with great selection and fresh juice and possibiities to get a cooked breakfast and coffees. Also, the staff is friendly and the location is perfect. So why average, well mainly because of sleep quality (beds) and the rooms in relation to the quite expensive rate I paid.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hamburg, NY
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel before we left for a river cruise. We arrived in Amsterdam exhausted and were able to rest because the bed was super comfortable. Staff is very helpful and the breakfast buffet is wonderful. Location is also very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Arrived at hotel and they seemed overwrought with guests. Checked in and the front desk clerk mentioned how busy they were and the there may be a problem with housekeeping while we were there. I felt for her but later thought..."how odd, why don't they hire the staff for such incidents". As is turned out, if we wanted our room cleaned we needed to remind them more than once. This was not the end of the world but irritating considering how much we were paying per night (400 Euros). Very much liked the lounge and the prices and the concierge was accommodating and apologetic for our housekeeping issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stay in radison blu hotels on a regular basis and the service in this hotel left a bit to be desired compared to other radison blu hotels i have stayed in. However, the location is good (10 min walk to central train station) and rooms are very modern. Downside it's expensive (to stay in and eat - eat outside hotel, there are loads of places nearby) and service was poor. I paid for an upgrade which was offered on check in as I didn't have breakfast included into rate - it was 35€ which is pricey but in addtion to breaksfast which was 25€ anyway this also included premium channels in your room which I was delighted about as it was international football night which I wanted to watch. However the sports premium channels did not work. On check out I raised this point (and also the fact that at breakfast I couldnt get coffee from any of the staff) and was simply told "oh sorry about that" and charged the full 35€ anyway. I was rushing to catch a train so didn't have time to argue further but that level of service when you pay for something extra and don't get it leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed September 2013