Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$200
$153
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

$197
$286
$277
  • Bar/Lounge
3,614 results
All reviewsa business class roomgreat locationthe red light districtdam squarequiet streetcentral locationmain buildingwithin walking distancejunior suitebreakfast buffetmini barhotel barvery nice hotelnespresso machinean upgradebusiness hotelriver cruise
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Good location (easy to walk to/from Centraal, and quiet) and very nice room (interesting architecture and a skylight). We were upgraded to a business class room, which had complementary Nespresso espresso. Hotel bar drink prices were quite reasonable. All the staff members were helpful and nice. Stayed at the Pulitzer last time, and thought this was conparable in quality. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After facing an eleven hour flight, it was delightful to see how efficient the noise blocking windows were, providing a good night of sleep. Great rooms, good service and –once again- very quiet.
The Radisson Blu is located in Amsterdan’s heart. Which is within walking distance of the red light district, a lot of attractions and most of the coffee shops.
Definitely would stay there again on a future trip to Amsterdan.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband won a holiday to Amsterdam for 2 nights from Expedia and we chose this hotel to stay in after extensive research. What a choice! It is in such a great location! This is the second time we've been to Amsterdam and the first time we stayed near Leidesplein which is quite a distance from the rest of the central town and we needed to get the bus every time we went back to the hotel. With the Radisson Blu, we walked every where and every thing was 15 mins away max. The hotel is located in a the back streets where it is quiet but you're only 3-5 mins away from the red light district and chinatown. Don't like that put you off though as you're far away enough to not be effective by the sleazyness. We arrived on a Friday, late afternoon and we had pre-notified them that we were there for a special occassion. They upgraded us for free to a deluxe kingsize room and it was lush! Sure, there side panel decorations were scuffed as seen in the traveller photos but things like that happen and yes they should fix it but come on, that's so minor compared to rest of the room and hotel. Concierge were very helpful when we asked for directions or needed something sent up to the room. Everyone was smiling and greeted us in the morning with a "good morning". The Dutch are such lovely people anyway, but the staff at the Radisson really went the extra mile. We lost one of the card keys and I was very apologetic about it, willing to pay for the replacement but the receptionist just said "Oh no, not to worry!" which is so refreshing. I really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Go for a room that's facing inwards if possible as the noise on the street during the weekends can be off putting but luckily for me and my husband we're use to traffic noise as we're from london
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good Location. I had a junior suite for my first night which was a nice loftspace room with sloping roof and loft windows, it benefitted from more space and nice white sofas, very contemporary. However it was directly opposite a service elevator and was subject to noise all night and early morning cleaning trolleys. I chose the junior suite as it was only £35 more than the Superior room and was lured by the free mini bar. However all that glitters was not gold, mini bar only contained soft drinks and 2 beers. The shower enclosure flooded due to slowness of the drain which on inspection was probably due to poor cleaning. I moved on the 2nd night to a deluxe (=standard) room and although smaller found it to be probably a better value room. It had a trouserpress which the suite did not and the mini bar (paid) had all the usual spirits. The bed was also more comfortable and the bathroom was exactly the same size but with a better shower than the suite, having an overhead spray as well as a waist high one. The decor of the deluxe room was more old fashioned, lots of dark wood, but I would not agree that rooms were in need of renovation as some have said. I saw my two rooms and my colleagues' which was across the street linked by the underground walkway and all were different styles and clearly created at different times but all were well maintained and appealing to different styles. There was a myriad of room types, starting with deluxe, business class, superior, junior suite and suite. I saw 3/5 and my outake would be that even the deluxe provided a very high standard cf other hotels and that it is probably not worth the additional €100 for a junior suite.
Check in was very slow, they could not find my reservation and they claimed I had mispelt my name during reservation but this was clearly their fault as I had used my booking.com profile which shows it correctly. Breakfast was spread over 2 levels and seemed a strange layout. Lots of the tables were in near darkness. Cooked food was very rubbery, maybe because I did not breakfast until 9am and it had been under the lights a long time. Due to this I asked for a fried egg but the chef served me a strange dish, a quasi omelette, flat like an omelette but not mixed. He seemed to break the yolk deliberately so not quite sure what his intention was. Overall the hotel was fine but could score more points with a little bit more focus on guest attention.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in the 30s as I guess they will all be adjacent the service elevator. Deluxe rooms probably represent the best value for money unless you plan to sit in your room 16 hours a day.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been to Amsterdam many times and stayed in most of the major hotels, but not this one, which is fairly new. It's very good. The good impression starts as you arrive. The welcome is warm and the staff (all of them) smile at you. It's small enough to be personal. My room was available at 10.30 when I arrived (on a Fri). Spare toiletries are provided free of charge. The hotel is an interesting mixture of old and new and you often can't see the join. The bedrooms (mine was a "superior double") are smart, spacious and interestingly designed, with lots of wood (beams, floor, buttresses). The bed is set diagonally across one corner. The fittings are high quality (though I never managed to use the espresso machine without spraying hot water over the floor). There was slight whiff of old drains in the bathroom. The hotel is tucked up a side street and the rooms are blissfully quiet, especially at the back, though the central old town location means you are only a stroll from all the major sites, from classical to sleazy. It's ten minutes walk from the main station.The breakfast buffet is pretty good - and works till 11.30 at weekends. They fail the scrambled egg test, of course (most five star hotels do), but the obliging chef will cook to order and then bring it to you himself rather than expect you to wait at the counter for it. There are ample computers available in the lobby, free to residents, complete with printer (big tick). There is a departure board for Schipol Airport flights in the lobby. Impressive.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back (designated "superior") are quieter - though none of them could be described as noisy..
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo