Banks Mansion
$387
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$204
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $272/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$534
2,966 results
All reviewsfree barliving roomall inclusive conceptpillow menucanal viewlounge areaflower marketevery afternoonwonderful hotelmini bar in the roomhome from homerembrandt squarebreakfast was excellentboutique hotelrain showerwalked everywherecoffee machine
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We stayed as a family (of 4) in two rooms for a three day city break. Apart from the fact that we requested adjacent rooms on booking and didn't get them when we checked in we thought this was a really great hotel. They did everything they could to resolve the rooming issue and managed to get us settled quickly. They allowed us to check in early and were happy for us to relax in the main lounge when we picked up our luggage later on in the day well after we had checked out. The inclusive breakfast was among the best I have experienced in any hotel worldwide and all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable with everything you could want. The very best part for me was the fully inclusive experience of the hotel - Nothing worse than getting to hotel bill to find numerous extras for nothing worthwhile. The open bar in the lounge was a real treat which created a very relaxed atmosphere for a pre dinner drink and/or nightcap. The location was perfect with trams linking every part of town just outside. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. We will certainly go back and would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyAW
Reviewed February 19, 2009

I stayed at 'Banks' for a four night period, reserving a canal view at a price of Euro159 per night. In my view the hotel provided good quality for this price, particularly in comparison to several other 4/5 star hotels in this city. Location is good, on the classy herengracht canal. The number 16 tram (and others) stops very near by. The free use of a small bar in the reception area is a nice touch as is the presence of a dvd player as standard in all rooms. The kitchen serves an ok breakfast but not formal dinner. However, given the multitude of options nearby this is not an issue. Room service is limited - from when I was there this seemed limited to some noodles and ice cream from a nearby vendor. My only gripe is the lack of free wi-fi - it is available for a price but given the concept of this hotel I would have expected no charge. Nevertheless Banks Manison will be a define option for me on return visits to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ManontheMoon
Reviewed January 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Banks Mansion for 5 nights over new years. From the moment we arrived, we felt extremely comfortable and welcome. Our room was not ready when we arrived (it was 10.30 in the morning!) but our bags were taken and we were shown to the refreshment area where we had a well needed drink. We then went for a stroll and came back an hour later and our room was ready. The room was small but the bathroom huge. It had everything you need, including the free mini-bar which is a great touch. The hotel itself is in the perfect location in Amsterdam. It is within walking distance of the city centre but just far enough away that it is that little bit quieter. You can also walk in the opposite direction and be at the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum in 10 minutes. The best thing about this hotel, though, is the staff. All the staff we encountered (especially Nancy and Pamela) were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We hope to return to Amsterdam one day and when we do we will stay no-where other than Banks Mansion.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkandSusanOC
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I had a slightly 'rocky' start to my stay. I contacted the hotel twice, made the booking which they failed to confirm. The third telephone call made up for their mistake; upgraded room and a better rate!
After a direct flight from Sydney (35 hours) I very happy that their reception was friendly and efficient.
I was given a corner room overlooking the canal and street, plenty of space for Amsterdam, great bed and well furnished. (Spend a bit more to book a canal room.). The mini-bar is free and well stocked, a pleasant change from the prices of most mini-bars! They have a "living room" rather than a lobby, it has an open bar, coffee, nibbles all day and canapes from about 5.30pm, fire, plenty of lounges and arm chairs, Dutch and English newspapers and magazines. For a single traveller the friendly, low key atmosphere made it easy to strike up conversations with other guests. It has a perfect location 1.5 blocks from the Flower Market and 3 minute walk to the shopping precinct south of Dam Square. Breakfast is always included the rate, plenty of variety including eggs anyway cooked to order.
This hotel cares about making your stay, personal, warm and friendly, it was summed by the advice reception gave me when I asked the way to the Rijksmuseum; the most direct route is...; but if you have time walk here for great antique shops, here for fashion, try this coffee shop etc."
I won't stay anywhere else in Amsterdam!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Rich288
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Stayed at this gem of a place over the christmas weekend and really enjoyed it. The location was very good, in the Southern Canal Belt which was close enough to all the major attractions without feeling too touristy, and the tram links were frequent and convenient.

After reading the previous reviews was actually prepared for a small closet room but the bedroom was pleasantly spacious and definitely one of the bigger ones I've seen in Europe. The complimentary minibar was a nice finishing touch, and the Living Room reception area, with a cheery fire and free flow of drinks and snacks, was a lifesaver for those cold Amsterdam afternoons..

All in all, a great place and would not hesitate in recommending to anyone

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple