“Outstanding hotel, thoroughly recommend”
Review of Banks Mansion

Banks Mansion
Ranked #8 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had an absolutely fantastic time and would definitely recommend this hotel. From the helpful, friendly staff, the all inclusive policy (including decanters of gin, whisky and cognac and a coffee machine in the rooms as well as sweets, daily cheese and biscuits, soft drinks and alcoholic drinks downstairs). The breakfast was plentiful, and tasty.
For my part it was great to have everything included instead of a cheap deal that adds up.
The beds were comfortable, you could choose your own pillows, and the shower was a walk in one with plenty of room and had a steam function to it.
Anton-Jan on reception was great with recommendations and we only wish we were there for longer to try all of them. The two restaurants recommended were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Esther B, General Manager at Banks Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of our full-service concept.

Thank you for the compliments towards Albert-Jan, I will share your lovey words with him. We hope to welcoming you back in the near future; then you can try some other restaurants he would recommend!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We joined up with our daughter and stayed here for 2 nights during June. After reading several reviews on tripadvisor I booked it. We were so happy with the hotel. The staff was superb and that being said for each person at the front desk. The all provided us with excellent recommendations of places to visit. The afternoon cocktail hour was wonderful after a day of sightseeing and the breakfast was just delicious. The location of this property is perfect and you can walk everywhere or take the tram which is located a few doors down from the hotel. They lock the front door at dark and buzz you in which is a good thing since there are so many people walking right by the hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in the corner with a view of the river and it was perfect
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for writing this “fabulous” review! It is great to read about your great experience of Banks Mansion. I really hope to be welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just come back from a wonderful trip to Amsterdam. The staff at the hotel are amazing and really do make it special. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the male member of staff who helped us on Saturday evening (something like Anton Jan although I've probably got that completely wrong) but he was so helpful making suggestions of places that we might like to go and eat before making reservations for us.

Our room was in good condition and kept clean. We particularly enjoyed the complimentary gin in the room! The location was perfect for exploring and we felt safe as two women walking round in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear guests,

It makes me even more proud of my staff by reading your review; thank you very, very much for all these great compliments! Especially for the special thanks to Albert-Jan; I will share your words with him!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future; please check our website or the best guaranteed prices.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Have stayed 4 days. Great location. The front desk team makes this Hotel very special, wanted to mention William, great friendly attitude and superior customer service. Great offering with free beer, wine and other beverages + Great cheese platters. However hotel looks distressed and asks for renovation, my room on the fourth floor probably was the smallest, and seemed outdated, with Cherry furnishings from 70's and peeling wallpaper on the walls. Cleaning service had broke my spouses makeup box, probably felt to the floor from the sink during cleaning process, but was placed back at the sink ledge, we found broken pieces from it on the floor and eye shade marks all over the floor, it might be not a big deal if somebody will stood to apologize for accident, nor trying to hide it. Overall we liked the location and hope CARLTON will face lift interiors to keep Hi standard for it's brand.

Room Tip: third floor will be best option..
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAXHouston
Esther B, General Manager at Banks Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for writing this review about your recent stay at Banks Mansion.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the proximity of Banks Mansion to all hotspots of Amsterdam, thought the front desk staff makes the hotel (I will share your special thanks to Willem with him) and enjoyed the drinks and appetizers in the Living.

I am very sorry to hear about your spouse’s makeup box. I have asked all staff of the front desk about this matter, but unfortunately no one knows about this accident. The front office staff has a very personal approach, for example, they always call guests in the room after check-in, and during the stay of guests they always ask how their day has been and if guests would like to receive some recommendations for restaurants or for what to do during the day. That is why I am surprised they do not know about this accident. If they would have known about it, we would have apologized and could have offered you a solution.

I hope you will accept my sincere apologies and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Please contact me personally for a future booking, then I will make sure we will take extra-extra care!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at the Banks Mansion for four nights in early July and endorse all the positive comments that have been written about the hotel. The staff are outstanding: cheerful, generous and each goes out of their way to make your stay the most comfortable and least stressful possible.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, the rooms and lounge are equipped with an endless supply of free snacks and drinks and the breakfast was wonderful. Importantly for many, the beds were super comfortable.

Brilliant hotel and staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you very, very much for sharing this “superb” review with other travelers all over the world. I am delighted to hear that you thought the staff are outstanding, the location fantastic and the beds super comfortable; it makes me even more proud of Banks Mansion!

I really hope to be welcoming you back in the near future! Pease check our website for the best available rates.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is the best hotel that I have ever stayed in. From the friendly and helpful staff (front of house, kitchen and housekeeping), especially William. The room was luxurious as well as the common areas. Great breakfast and great central location. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Esther B, General Manager at Banks Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Wow! Such an amazing review. Thank you very, very much for your generous compliments!

We would be happy to welcome you back in the near future. Keep in mind to check Banks Mansion’s website for the best available prices for your next stay.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Original concept : all-inclusive for a 4* hotel in the middle of a big city
perfect location.
all drinks included in the room rate from the bar, the mini bar + Cognac/Gin/Whisky in the room
very nice pre-dinner time in the bar : wine and cheese dejustation.
Friendly staff
Good bedding
What else to say ? Perfect / Very nice moment

Room Tip: canal view is better of course
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this great, to-the-point review! I am happy to read that you have enjoyed all the aspects of our full-service concept. We hope to be welcoming you back in the near future for another “very nice moment”!