Banks Mansion
$244
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

$278
$223
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$124
$88
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$166
$154
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$492
Orbitz.com
2,967 results
All reviewsfree barliving roomall inclusive conceptpillow menucanal viewlounge areaflower marketevery afternoonwonderful hotelmini bar in the roomhome from homerembrandt squarebreakfast was excellentboutique hotelrain showerwalked everywherecoffee machine
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife was in Amsterdam on business and stayed here because of the location and the included amenities. I tagged along for a quick visit to the city. We were not disappointed.

The service was excellent with a very friendly staff who were able to give great recommendations. The breakfast was good and the evening reception was a nice way to unwind. The fact that you can snag a quick beer out of the refrigerator is a very nice convenience.

One thing to be aware of is that you will have to pay an additional fee for an extra person staying in your room. This wasn't apparent on the booking site that we used. I understand why the charge is added but it was a bit of a surprise as I assume most people who stay here travel as a couple.

With that being said, we loved our stay here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Esther B, General Manager at Banks Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all, good to read that your wife stayed with us during her business trip. Next to being suited for leisure guest, Banks Mansion is also suited for business guest.

Thank you for writing this review and pointing out the positive things you experienced in the hotel. It is true that at the Banks Mansion the second person pays an additional fee. We are sorry that it was not clear while making the booking. This is why we always recommend to book directly trough our own website.

Again, thank you for these kind words.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Moved here after checking out of the Sofitel, which didn't do the job for me. This hotel was much better, it has the wow factor that separates the run of the mill top flight hotel from the real gem. I'd rate this place in the top 10 of places I have ever stayed

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

It makes us proud to hear you first stayed at The Sofitel and switched to us. It makes us even prouder that you likes us as much as you did. Thank you for that and for taking the time to write this review.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel has just about the best location in Amsterdam - downtown, the museum district and Rembrandt Square (amongst others) were an east walk, yet it was quiet at night. One block north and you were surrounded by restaurants, movie theatres and crowds, yet the Mansion was sedate. The staff were quick to learn our names and made excellent recommendations for walking tours, restaurants - check out Nacht Wacht (the Night Watch) on Rembrandt Square for perfect steaks (also the Fried Mussels were incredible).

It was nice that the hotel didn't have a restaurant which forced us to go exploring, but with the location there was always something close. The hotel does have a breakfast room and breakfast was above par (I recommend the omelettes with everything).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

"I am used to 5 star hotels, but whatever the rating, I would stay at the Mansion again without question."

Such kind words to end a review with. Thank you for that!

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My partner & I have just returned from a four night stay at Banks Mansion – we loved it. The staff are really friendly, always happy to help, always wishing you a good day and seeing what your plans are to see if they can help in anyway.. and totally genuine with it.

We stayed in a basic room which was fine – I’ve seen a few reviews with people calling the rooms small.. compared to London, the room was quite large!! You get your whiskey, gin & cognac in the room.. none of which my boyfriend nor I like, but it’s still a nice touch – we did ask if we could swap one of them vodka which they said no… thought it was worth a try!

As everyone else has already mentioned, you get the free drinks downstairs in the ‘lounge’ which is a really nice touch – as was the wine & cheese! Only made it to breakfast once & it was really good – great omelette!

The hotel is in a brilliant location – this was our first visit to Amsterdam and we literally walked everywhere. Everything seemed to be within about a 10 minutes walking distance.

We will be back in Amsterdam one day soon and we will definitely return to Banks!

Thanks guys!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We really, really loved your review.

It is good to hear that you enjoyed all the aspects of Banks Mansion, which distinguish us from other hotels.

After reading your review we are working on extra decanters, so when you stay with us the next time we can provide you with a decanter vodka.

We hope to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and the level of service and friendliness at this hotel is the very best I have seen - comparable to what we see in Asia, but to me it was even better than that. It is shocking. Truly was a shock to me, also because I have lived in Amsterdam for a long time. Everything in this hotel is perfect: service, location,..., even the breakfast was very nice. I have advised my friends who work in Amsterdam to book this hotel for their corporate guess and I would highly recommend it to anyone. If it has a swimming pool / spa then it would just be paradise.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Esther B, General Manager at Banks Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this lovely review. It is much appreciated by me and the entire staff of Banks Mansion.

We hope to welcome you again at Banks Mansion in the future. For the best personal service and best available rate, please visit our website.