3,057 results
All reviewsfree barliving roomall inclusive conceptpillow menucanal viewlounge areaevery afternoonflower marketwonderful hotelmini bar in the roomhome from homerembrandt squarebreakfast was excellentboutique hotelrain showerwalked everywherecoffee machine
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The view is great, it's centrally located, plus you get free alcohol- what's not to love! That was my thought when I made the reservation. When I got there the staff was great, little did I know how wonderful they would be. I hurt my back soon after arriving and was in awful pain, I mean really bad pain, and had to ask for a doctor. The staff was absolutely wonderful in helping me out. All of the staff asked after me. I'm sad to say I never got to see Amsterdam but if I had to stay in a hotel room for three days recovering, I couldn't have picked a nicer one! One day I will be back to actually see Amsterdam and I will stay in this hotel!

Please pick this hotel- you won't regret it. Thank you again to the staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank melzerko
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Great stay, fantastic service and awesome free bar! Beautiful view of the Canal. Loved every minute and hope to be back one day.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We were really looking forward to our stay at the Banks Mansion after reading all the good reviews. The location, closed to almost every spot especially the flower market was great. At arrival the receptionist was really kind and helpful; she recommend us a very nice Italian restaurant. Our room was great with an amazing view at the canal. The full service concept, drinks&appetizers, minibar, breakfast, fast WiFi connection and use of an iPad was really awesome!!! We will definitely stay here again, well done to the banks staff!

Room Tip: Take a canal view room for the great view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Be warned: the outside of the hotel looks much nicer on the website than in person. The rooms are fairly small, dirt marks all over the walls and carpeting, and the hotel has a eclectic style. The included all you can drink was great, but the "appetizers" they supposedly have all day are nothing more than cheese and crackers. As for breakfast, make sure you get there around 8 am, because by 10 am it is completely picked over and they do not replenish.
For the price of the hotel, we expected much more. This hotel is definitely overpriced. Also, the front desk staff had no idea how to ship something we bought to our home - which every other hotel in Europe was able to do without a problem.
However, it is in a good location. The only redeeming quality of Banks Mansion.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Todd R
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were really looking forward to some luxury after a rustic boating trip in Turkey and booked this at 269 Euros per night. The first room we were placed in was so dirty that I asked to be moved. The walls were scruffed, marks on an unclean rug, and it looked like the shower ir simething else in the bathroom above had recently flooded! We had to carry all are things to the lower floor room they gave, which I think might have been smaller. Slighter cleaner but not luxury that's for surer. It still could have used a thorough rug and wall wash.
The staff, location and buffet breakfast were all great, but the overall experience was a big dissappointment for our 20 anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple