New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
Ranked #133 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have stayed here before so this was one of first choices when choosing an hotel. As most rooms are quite small in Amsterdam in general, we booked an executive room which is very spacious. We where in the Victoria wing where the decor is slightly dated but the room is still very comfortable whit a very big bed. The Urban wing contains the modern rooms.

I used the pool on this occasion, and its not a huge pool but its clean which was good. The gym area looked quite good as well.

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room go for executive or a suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jas B
ParkPlazaVictoria, Guest Service & Quality Coordinator at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Jas B,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated Active Club, which offers a swimming pool, sauna and fitness center.

Would you like to share any images with us? Than please follow us online and show the rest of our fans how great your stay was.

Guest Service & Quality Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Braga, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Perfect Location and good service. Near RLD and Center Town. Very well served by trams. Good facilities on the hotel. Very quiet. Staff very friendly and available to give any information. The rooms are very confortable and have sound-proof facilities.

Room Tip: book in booking.com
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank JoaoMenesesMachado
Dear Erupcao,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor.
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish.

Please stay in touch with us online and if you have made pictures of the hotel, please do not hesitate to share them with us.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

a few mins walk from the main areas and just across the road from the main train station - the location is great. staff friendly and helpful. room clean and quiet. the only issue was the revolving doors... recommended place to stay when in amsterdam.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Peter S,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and your compliments towards our team.

It is great to read that you find our team to be friendly and helpful. The revolving doors at the entrance are present to avoid cold air from entering the hotel and hot air to leave the hotel. What was your exact issue with the doors?

Your recommendation is much appreciated. Please stay in touch with us online.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location right across from Central Station, very easy to walk most places, and also very easy to catch the trams from the station right across the way. I had pre-booked this hotel (and pre-paid for it) about 5 months in advance and specifically booked a double room (my paperwork said "superior double"), when I was able to check in after my afternoon of sightseeing, I was given a single room that was the size of a broom closet, with 1 pillow and 1 towel. When I spoke with the staff about the issue and that this was not the room I paid for, they said they were fully booked that night and could not move me. They were able to move me into a double room with a view of Central Station for the next night, and they offered me free breakfast the next morning. The staff was as accomodating as they could be about the situation. I was mostly upset that I did not get the room that I had paid $170/night for. Other than that, the second room was a decent size, the conceirge was very helpful with tickets for the museums (so I didn't have to wait in any lines), and the restaurant at the hotel had pretty good food. I would probably stay here again because of the location, but I would make sure I'm getting what I paid for.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jwestie78
Dear Jwestie78,

Thank you for your review.

Although the start of your stay was not as you expected it to be, I am glad that my colleagues were able to attend to your needs.

We look forward to your next visit, which I am sure will be great!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My friend and I booked a triple and we ended up with a huge room with three single beds. The bathroom is great, and there is a nespresso coffee maker in the room. What more do you want when you are also in such a great location. The staff are very helpful, and the bar is great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
ParkPlazaVictoria, Guest Service & Quality Coordinator at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Yvonne H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor.

It is a thrill to read that we were able to surprise you with your room and that you find the whole of our team to be helpful.

Please follow us online, where we regularly post updates regarding the hotel. Next to this, our bar men sometimes give tips & trics online!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in February with my girlfriend. It's a decent 4* star hotel with modern facilities in the room, extremely comfortable bed and a perfect location just across from the Central station. Amsterdam being a pretty small city, most parts are walkable within 20 minutes and the hotel is well served by trams, most of which go to the Central station. The breakfast was also lovely with plenty of choice (although very pricey if you don't have it already included in your rate - we did).

Small negatives for me were a lack of bathrobes and free water in the rooms (am I expecting too much?!) and we were charged a supplement (5.50) for having cooked breakfast delivered to our room. No issue with this per se, but the additional charge wasn't clear at all from the order form in the room.

Would happily return though if we go back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rob P,

Thank you for your feedback.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location is a major benefit when wanting to discover the vibrant city of Amsterdam. Located in the middle of the city center it offers you the possibility to visit the majority of the main attractions by foot.

The breakfast offers you a wide variety of fresh products. Next to the breakfast buffet, we also offer an a la carte breakfast in our Brasserie.

We will definitely look into your feedback in order to find out how exactly we can improve these services.

Once again, thank you for your review. If you would like to stay in touch with us until your next visit, please follow us online.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights, had an amazing warm welcome from Rose at reception who was very pleasant and nothing was to much trouble for her. And big thank you to Nicolas Rey who was just a shining star and made us feel like at home. We had a lovely view of the Central Station from the room and all facilities were top-notch, loved the relaxing swimming pool and the atmosphere of the bar. Concierge was very kind to store our bags after check out so we could enjoy our day out. Really loved the hotel and will definitely come back soon! Thank you for such a great stay!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elena A
Dear Elena A,

What a great title! ‘Amazing hotel and fantastic staff’.

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. I have informed Rose and our Concierges and they were all very happy to hear that they took part in such a great stay.

I always want to create a home away from home and welcome my guests as if they would come to my house. It triggers a great smile on my face to read that you find me to be a shining star!

Your picture is very nice. Have you made more pictures during your stay with us? If you would like to follow us online and to share some of the pictures with us, I would be more than grateful.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we all look forward to welcoming you again to our ‘house’.