“Excellent location!”

Ranked #137 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bucuresti, Bucuresti, Romania
“Excellent location!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I rated the hotel with 4 due to its excellent location. The urban wing is very nice. I slept very well in th bed (very good matress). But the bathroom, even if new, looked not very well maintained. The sink had been repaired with sillicon, the shower was almost broken.
I took the breakfast only in the first morning. 24EUR is just too much for what they offer. Low variety of everything. And the displayed quantity of food to serve is too small. I had the impression they are afraid to have their food eaten. I had to wait for them to replace emptied plates. The breakfast tables are not comfortable either. And the athmospere in the restaurant is very cold.

Room Tip: Ask for Urban room. The Victoria room is the old part of the hotel. It seems they are going to renov...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Valentin M
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Valentin M,

Thank you for leaving your comment online. Doing this you help us improving our offered products and services.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our beds! It is important to have enough energy to have a fresh start of the morning. Unfortunately the breakfast, though we offer a large and fresh selection, did not help you with this. The issue has been discussed with our F&B Manager in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

Like said before, your comments are of great importance to us. Therefore I thank you once again.

Sincerely Yours,
Jan-Willem Roenhorst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012

As we were arriving by train, the location of the hotel was brilliant and easy to find. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed staying there. The staff were friendly but did not always seem very clued up: we could not remember if breakfast was included in our deal so we asked, and were told it was. I checked again next morning with the breakfast staff, who said it was not. If I had not double-checked, we would have had a huge amount added to our bill, as we were staying three nights and breakfast was unreasonably expensive. However, we ate in the hotel's other restaurant where the food was cheaper but not very nice (and apparently from the same kitchen as the expensive breakfast). Local cafes were cheaper still, but also not very nice. This is a touristy area and therefore not the best area to find good food. The hotel noticed that we were there on my birthday and gave me a card, balloons and bottle of wine which was a nice surprise. If I returned to Amsterdam I would choose a nicer area to stay in, as although it was convenient being really close to the station, there are prettier areas in which to stay, just 10 minutes walk away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jellyblips
Losangeles
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Im sorry the proximity to the train station ,the red light district made this nothing but running the gauntlet to get in this hotel. It was so mobbed by smokers and people wanting to use the ATM next door I wasn't even sure I was in the right place . You are met with a steep flight is steps the minute you walk in and there isn't a soul to help you in site . I found the staff in general very helpful but it couldn't overcome the god awful smell coming from the drain in my bathroom. Nor the rank smell in the corridors. The walls were paper thin and frankly what I overheard in my stay cemented the idea in my head that this was like a roadside fleabag motel! I came here from the college hotel in Amsterdam so the experience couldn't have been more jarring . It's location and affordability contribute to its randy party crowd nature , but the smell of this place needs it to be looked into by a plumber ASAP ,!!! Avoid it !!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Velocity48
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Velocity 48,
We are very disappointed to read your posting and I have to say, your remarks thankfully, are not in keeping with the views of the majority of our guests, as you can read below.
What perhaps saddens me most of all is that you suggest that other guests should re-think their own very individual and personal remarks, simply because you had such an unpleasant experience. Do you not consider this to be a little unfair? Guests in the main have posted complimentary comments precisely because, unlike your good self, they have been more than happy!
Sadly, you seem to be one of the unfortunate few who appear to think otherwise and because we take every complaint seriously, we will do our utmost to look into your grievances, in the hope that we can uncover the reasoning behind most of your arguments.
In the meantime, let say how sorry we are for a stay that did not match your expectations and if you would like to contact me personally, I would be only too glad to scrutinize your complaints more thoroughly.

Best Regards,

Hotel Manager
Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The location of this property is outstanding. It is located directly opposite Centraal Station thus getting here is a breeze from Amstersam Schipol Airport. You just need to hop on a train here and it takes approximately 15 minutes. You can easily buy a ticket from the machine at the train station but my suggestion is to buy before you just after baggage collection and before arrival hall to avoid the long queues at the train station. It is EUR3.80 for single or EUR7.60 for a return. There is a EUR0.50 for using credit card. You are really close walking distance to many sights like Anne Frank House, red light district, Dam Square, and a bit more of a walk to Rijksmuseum and Heineken Experience but still very close as it is a small city.

When I checked in, the front desk staff are really nice. Very helpful and letting me get a room even though I had arrived before normal check-in time. The service here is extremely friendly and always pleasant which is what a lot of hotels are missing now a days.

I had a superior room with a queen bed. Room 317 has a strange design. Based on the floor plan for the floor, mine was the only room based on two levels. The top half of the room had the bathroom and wardrobe. The bottom half had the bed, mini bar, and tv. The bathroom had a shower over tub and was a good size. The room had free wifi which is a great bonus as can't understand why more hotels do not have this complimentary feature. I even received a complimentary fruit plate which was a nice touch.

The hotel has all the features of a good four star hotel and although the older rooms (which I had) could do with some updating, it was more than comfortable and location can't be beat. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank rc33
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Rc33,

Thank you for leaving your review on TripAdvisor. It does me great pleasure to hear that our staff made your stay extra special. Your compliments are passed on to them, which made them feel even more appreciated.

The Park Plaza Victoria is located in the city center, which makes it easily reachable by public transport and makes it easy to visit Amsterdam by foot.

We offer free Wi-Fi to our guests; this is so you have the comfort staying in touch with your family and friends in Australia. This is one of the services we offer that ensure to make you feel at home.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you again to Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, or to one of our affiliated hotels, in the near future when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards,

Jan-Willem Roenhorst,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Not cheap but a superb quality hotel in a great location right opposite central station. Nothing too much trouble for staff and their restaurant recommendations and sight seeing advice were excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read about your positive experiences within our property! Your compliments regarding the staff are very comforting and are already shared with them.

Looking forward welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We were in Amsterdam 7 years ago and stayed at this hotel. We had a decent room. The location is so convenient for traveling and for exploring the city.
This trip we returned to the hotel because we enjoyed our 1st stay. We got an executive suite this stay and it was marvelous!! Well worth the money. After staying in small rooms with not so comfortable beds in London and Paris, it was great to end our vacation in this great room, with a comfortable, roomy bed.
The renovations to the lobby and bar since our last visit were refreshing. Very nice decor and ambiance.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I have recommended this hotel to my brother who travels to Amsterdam frequently. We intend to stay here again when we return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pam K
Dear Pam K,

It has been a pleasure to welcome you back to Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam!

We believe that details make the difference, such as your comfortable, roomy bed. We recently renovated the “Urban” wing to make it more comfortable and refreshing.

Thank you for expressing your compliments to our team, which I have already passed on to them.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you and your brother, to our property when your travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

Sincerely Yours,