Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$174
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$314
$258
$189
$167
  • Restaurant
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$396
$313
  • Room Service
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Pool
$294
$213
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$181
$140
4,136 results
All reviewsurban wingcentral stationgreat locationexecutive rooman upgradered light districtmini barconciergetraincanalbrasseriedamraksaunaeurosminibareurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed last friday and saturday at the park plaza victoria and I am satisfied with my stay at the hotel. The hotelstaff were very friendly. Especially the Concierge staff and the night staff.
It was my first time in amsterdam, and I didn't know what are the best places to go out. The guy who was working at night recommanded me a very good club, and he arranged a guestlist for me for free entrance :D , I was very happy with that. I will definetily come here next time.

Best Regards

N. McCartey

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear Nelly, Thank you so much for your comments; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs, and our team friendly and helpful. The Concierge Staff and Night Crew were thrilled about your awesome feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best wishes

Reviewed March 27, 2012

wonderful location with very comfortable rooms and fabulous staff especially the concierge! asked for and got a complimentry upgrade to executive suite with king size bed! only criticism was that the service in the brasserie was poor!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear Ulsterwolf,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights. I do sincere apologize the service in the Brasserie was not what you expected. Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back. Best wishes

Reviewed March 27, 2012

For my 40th, my wife booked a couple nights stay at this hotel. We arrived only to be told that they were fully booked but we could stay at their sister hotel, upgraded to a suite and the taxi paid for. They also gave us the option of coming back the next day and staying in the suite we were supposed to be in, again no taxi expense. Much to our dismay we agreed to this, knowing that something was amiss as we were being driven further outside of the city and the taxi driver said it was another 10-15 minutes away! We asked the driver to stop and to get in touch with the hotel and to tell them we were not happy. After returing to the hotel we explained that it wasn't good enough as we had spent more time in the taxi than we did on the train from the airport! The reception staff seemed to be put out by all of this and not once we were offered an apology, even after checking out. They soon found a room but it wasn't the suite we paid for but the suite was available the next day, which we moved to without hesitation as the level of hygiene in the room was disgraceful. Outside the room, smelt as if someone had defacted and the smell inside was atrocious and the carpet hadn't been introduced to a hoover in sometime as there was a nail clipping next to the bed, nice. Once we moved to the suite, we had no complaints and we have none with Amsterdam but the hotel left us with a sour taste. Reflecting back, the taxi driver said they had probably sold our room as they had one of their busiest weekends, so even he knew why we were fobbed off!

1  Thank Ryan B
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear Ryan,
I was disappointed and distressed to read your comments about the service you received when you checked in for two day’s recently. We pride ourselves on making everyone’s stay a very memorable experience but your remarks suggest that this was certainly not the case.
What went wrong on the night in question is more difficult to ascertain without knowing all the facts but of course, after a given time, if there is no show from a guest and no advanced warning, staff are entitled to re-sell the room and perhaps this is what occurred on what was undoubtedly an exceptionally busy weekend.
I suspect that that taxi was probably transporting you to our sister hotel, in the Amsterdam suburb and I am quite sure that if you had arrived there, you would have been more than satisfied with the facilities available to you; with its state of the art décor and spacious sleeping quarters. Sadly this did not occur and when you came back to our hotel, the staff had to make impromptu contingency plans which unfortunately did not meet with your expectations.
Once again, on behalf of all of our dedicated staff here at the Victoria, may I convey my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience these events may have caused you - although it has never been our intention to exploit any situation – regardless of the opportunities perhaps to do so.
Let me re-assure you once again, (as so may of the comments on Trip Advisor will aptly testify) most of our guests are more than satisfied with the services we provide and return again and again because of our guest friendly nature and our implacable pursuit of excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The hotel was very convenient as it is right opposite to the Amsterdam Centraal station and in the middle of all Amsterdam attractions. The room is decent but though we are a couple we were provided with two single beds. The itinerary clearly mentioned 1 queen bed but we were not provided that. Also the bathroom had just shower and not a bath tub. We haven't tried the food at the hotel as it is a bit expensive.

Dear Harish P
Thank you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the hotel.
I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs. It seems you have stayed in one of our recent renovated ‘Urban” rooms. All those rooms have a walk in shower with a powerful massage shower head! If you prefer a room with a bath tub I would advise to reserve a room in our ‘Victoria’ wing. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes,

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Arrived early at 11.30am was given a nice room. Nice hotel with friendly staff. Concierge was good had can booked but over slept and ran down to check out to make meeting - once he knew that I over slept he offered to make me a breakfast box or tell the taxi to wait bit longer while I grab some food - I managed to sit down and eat in the buffet breakfast and the cab he arranged for me was waiting and very friendly and understanding that I booked him to take me from my meeting to airport.

Hotel is in central so close to the station and all the tourist attractions - I got the train from Schipol for 4 euros and was there in 15 min and then walked over the road to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear Asim099,

Thank you for your review. It is a pleasure to read that our concierge did his utmost for you that you could have a nice breakfast and more importantly catch your plane.
On behalf of the entire team, we are looking forward to welcome you again to Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam in the near future.

Best regards,