We visited Amsterdam around 14-15 Sept and apparently there were a lot of events happening during those days and hence we were not getting any hotels in city center. We had read some really bad reviews about Remco Hotel and were very hesitant to book the same. Ultimately however post a lot of R&D we did not find any decent hotel and the prices were sky high so we ended up booking Remco.
I would like to share some handy tips with anyone who is planning to stay in this hotel.
1. From Schipol Airport - right outside the airport exit there are bus stands, go to bus stand number B15 (confirm once with tourist info. office) and wait for bus no. 69, take a drop at Oeverpad. From there its a 10 minutes walk to the hotel.
2. Buy the public transport 1day-2day pass based on your requirement, they will make your life easier, since you can board any public transport with this pass.
3. To go to the city center from Remco Hotel, you need to walk to the tram station 'Hoekenes' and board Tram no. 17 to city center
Now coming to the hotel review, it is a fair bit away from the airport (30 minutes by bus) and also far from city center (30 minutes by tram). The neighborhood is a little shady in daylight and very shady during night time. Be careful if you are travelling late at night. The hotel also warns travelers to be extra cautious while venturing out late at night (area is known for tourist mugging).
The hotel itself is a really nice one, good spacious rooms, nice washrooms, good service, helpful reception etc. and its economical as well. The only catch is the unfortunate location, had it been in any other location, it would be charging a bomb for the kind of amenities available in the hotel.
Although our stay was really pleasant at the hotel, I could see the drawbacks of staying at the hotels, especially for tourists who want good connectivity to tourist attractions and want safe travel.
So overall I would say that the hotel is really good, infact one of the few hotels who actually had a kettle in the room :) but its the location which kills it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern facilities and comforts; situated in a peaceful area in the western part of the city, 15 minute drive to city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your New West Inn Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam City West Hotel Amsterdam
- Tulip Inn Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam