“Review”

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #90 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Excellent hotel, it's in a great location next to a lot of attractions as well as the tram stop so you can get to where you wish quite easily. Rooms were very clean and a good size. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thanks for your great comments. Looks like you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Maybe we see you again in Park Hotel in the near future?

Warm Regards,

Bram van der Hoek

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Park Hotel Amsterdam - I found a deal on ebookers for about 700e for a couple for three nights with return flights. Price not too bed. I choose Park Hotel from the list as rooms looked nice and specious and it promised me canal view. When we arrived it showed up that our room was at the back of the hotel with the view on.... ugly roofs. And room was sooo thiny, most interesting is that there WAS NO SEPARATE ROOM FOR A BATHROOM. At the end of thiny bedroom was a curtain which you could open, and it was a separator from a sink and two thiny cubicles which were shower and toilet. with deemed glass door, that you could perfectly see what person was doing inside, not a good spot for somebody who would like even a little privacy.And because it was in factin the bedroom, you can imagine that smell was a bit of an issue Rooms were clean, pretty reception, but I guess if you decide to book a room there make sure to ask for the room with the view and separate bathroom, as apparently it is not a standard. Other than that great location, looked like front rooms had a nice view...

Room Tip: As I said make sure to call and ask for room with view and separate bathroom, as apparently despite...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sara_Kowalska
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is really nice, right across from the Hard Rock Cafe, the cassino, next the Rijksmuseum, the bus stop, and they sell the tickets at the hotel. The momo restaurant is nice and trendy, breakfast is very good, service was excellent, the room is a bit small but really nice and clean, the linens and amenities are wonderful. I really recommend this place,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank VerCit3
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I booked this hotel for a two day work meeting including accommodation for 20 people. Everything went to plan, the service from Neeltje, the Events/Meetings Supervisor was second to none. She helped me organise taxis, a boat trip, restaurants, all of my evening entertainment for the team. Everything we needed for the meeting was provided in a meeting pack which was a small suitcase full of marker pens, scissors, etc.

Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, they were all so helpful and friendly. Check-in was trouble free, there was a great choice at breakfast and the buffet lunches we had for the meetings were great and really good quality. The bedrooms were comfortable, if on the small side, and had everything you would want. The reception area is great, very cosy with comfortable sofas and a modern fireplace.

I would definitely recommend staying here if ever in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bridget F
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spent a week here and, in general, found it very good. I had an executive double room on the third floor with views over the canal. Some have commented on traffic noise which, while it was audible, didn't disturb my sleep at all - guess you should expect some noise in a hotel on a main street. I didn't take breakfast which again, some have complained as being expensive, but I guess it depends on what sort of room rate you managed to get and whether the overall package was therefore still reasonable.
The location for me was perfect with the Rijksmuseum almost on the doorstep, and Van Gogh musuem 5-10 minutes walk. 5 minutes took you into the Leidseplein and from there access to most of the places to visit in the centre of town. In fact, I walked almost everywhere despite the city's excellent tram service, largely by planning what I wanted to do, leaving only 10-15 minutes walk between destinations, taking in the excellent canal views en route.
My only gripe was the lack of free wifi in the rooms - it is free in the lobby but I didn't try it there. Again, it's maybe a matter of weighing up the whole package cost - they charged 10e for 24hours availability which does seem heavy. I mentioned that in the comment card I left, and received an email a few days later from the manager explaining that they were tied (my inference) into a current deal with a network supplier, but that they would be looking at free wifi in the near future. As I said in my comments, I'd guess travellers are more likely to appreciate the availability of wifi to help plan their stay, checking places to eat, get directions etc than they are these days watching the TV which is a free facility in hotels.
Minor wifi gripe apart, I'd happily go back when next I'm in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brantome2
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I attended a work function at Park Hotel in Amsterdam and was particularly impressed with the outstanding service.

Due to a health condition, I had exceptional dietary requirements. I didn't want to make a fuss, and found the waiters to be extremely attentive and really helped me with all my needs.

In particular I would like to thank Stephan as well as one other whose name unfortunately I did not get, but who deserves just as much credit.

Once I explained my needs to the staff, these two really took care of me, and I really appreciated it.

Thanks Park Hotel for making my night a great night!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

May I thank you for taking time to write this amazing review. We are really grateful for your support. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of Stephan and his team. Hopefully we have the honour to welcome you again some other day.

Warm Regards,

Bram van der Hoek

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel has a great location, within walking distance to museums, casino, theaters. It's an older hotel made up of several different buildings. So, it's a bit of a maze. Breakfast is quite good, albeit expensive. Good bar and dining options. The best part is an area called 'the Living Room." Warm fireplace to read or have drinks.

However, the rooms are very small and walls very thin. Staff seems a bit disorganized. They knocked on my door late at night. Before I could get out of bed, they walked in. They were delivering an ironing board (that I hadn't ordered.)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the canal on the upper floors (4th or 5th). Highest floor to avoid the noise o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business