“Outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I attended a work function at Park Hotel in Amsterdam and was particularly impressed with the outstanding service.

Due to a health condition, I had exceptional dietary requirements. I didn't want to make a fuss, and found the waiters to be extremely attentive and really helped me with all my needs.

In particular I would like to thank Stephan as well as one other whose name unfortunately I did not get, but who deserves just as much credit.

Once I explained my needs to the staff, these two really took care of me, and I really appreciated it.

Thanks Park Hotel for making my night a great night!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
May I thank you for taking time to write this amazing review. We are really grateful for your support. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of Stephan and his team. Hopefully we have the honour to welcome you again some other day.

Warm Regards,

Bram van der Hoek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ville D'Avray, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel has a great location, within walking distance to museums, casino, theaters. It's an older hotel made up of several different buildings. So, it's a bit of a maze. Breakfast is quite good, albeit expensive. Good bar and dining options. The best part is an area called 'the Living Room." Warm fireplace to read or have drinks.

However, the rooms are very small and walls very thin. Staff seems a bit disorganized. They knocked on my door late at night. Before I could get out of bed, they walked in. They were delivering an ironing board (that I hadn't ordered.)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the canal on the upper floors (4th or 5th). Highest floor to avoid the noise o...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

overall experience covering all aspects as follows : location is very good , food is very good but expensive on specfic at MOMO Resturant , reception and house keeping staff are not friendly at all , they dont know how to deal with guests and on specfic they dont even ask about the level of guests they are accomdating , room is very small , toliet and bed and shawer almost in one area , it is the location and the park river view that worth the price paid

Room Tip: book a large room or dont book a normal room at all
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Derbyshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is very well located for the major museums and the luxury shopping street.
Reception staff were very helpful and gave me a city map and explained where to find the main tourist attractions. They recommended the Blue Boat canal tour and gave me a discount voucher too.
My room was on the top floor and the lift only goes to the floor immediately below. Reception arranged for the porter to take my suitcase to my room (and also collected my luggage on my final day).
I had requested a quiet room, which meant that it was facing the inner courtyard and it was lovely and quiet.
Being a single room, it was adequately sized.
It is a good job that the floor around the bathroom area is tiled. The water from the shower leaked out into the toilet cubicle as well as from the cubicle door.
Excellent buffet breakfast with a large choice. The eggs benedict are very tasty.
Internet connection in the room costs EUR10 per day, but the public rooms have free of charge connection when you get a code for each device from reception.
All the staff that I met have excellent English and are helpful.
I would like to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Gloucester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Arrived early and was let up to our room. It was very nice, very comfortable bed and an amazing shower. We had a view of the high street behind the hotel which has a tram line on it which some people would probably find noisy etc. I had no issue with it, part of the Amsterdam experience!

Lobby area was very pleasant and the gym was of good standard and I didn't see one person use it whilst I did.

Didn't try the MOMO restaurant but it looked lovely.

Close to the museums and opposite the canal with the hardrock café and wagamamas etc so convenient for food!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mike-j-tee
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The location of the hotel was just right as all the major attractions were close by and the best part is that it was easy to come from the Airport catching a train. The hotel rooms were clean and the staff was cheerful and always showed that willingness to help. We did face some problem on th night we arrived as it was a weekend and we were told that the hotel was full and cannot get the room we had booked with our preferences and they gave us a room that was clean but too small and shower area was definitely too small for a big guy like me to fit in comfortably. however there was a call from the reception offering another room according to our original preference with an extra charge of 40 Euros per night (Upselling trick?). that was not acceptable- when we expressed our inconvenience the guys at the reception did arrange a bigger room with no extra charges. Had they not 'played' this trick on us it would have been a very good experience at the hotel- except this everything else was perfect

Room Tip: Canal view is the best for the mornings and night lights
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank MOHAMMED ZUBAIR A
yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Chose this hotel because it was near the museums which it was. On first appearance it gave a rich warm appeal. Your eyes are draw to the fire on entering the foyer giving out a welcome warmth which was appreciated as it was cold outside. There are lots of fancy seats there which for a short person like me were uncomfortable to sit on.
The room was clean and cosmopolitan looking. The bed was too soft though for a decent nights sleep, but I did like the lighting which gave a different colours over the bed. The toilet and shower cubicles are the smallest I've ever seem with a good powerful shower. The temperature of the room was too warm and the air conditioning had a habit of turning it self of.
Breakfast was a good selection of cooked eggs, bacon and sausages or continental breakfast.
I would recommend this hotel but I I have been in better.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple