“Weekend break”

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #91 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Chose this hotel because it was near the museums which it was. On first appearance it gave a rich warm appeal. Your eyes are draw to the fire on entering the foyer giving out a welcome warmth which was appreciated as it was cold outside. There are lots of fancy seats there which for a short person like me were uncomfortable to sit on.
The room was clean and cosmopolitan looking. The bed was too soft though for a decent nights sleep, but I did like the lighting which gave a different colours over the bed. The toilet and shower cubicles are the smallest I've ever seem with a good powerful shower. The temperature of the room was too warm and the air conditioning had a habit of turning it self of.
Breakfast was a good selection of cooked eggs, bacon and sausages or continental breakfast.
I would recommend this hotel but I I have been in better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,800)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed 3night stay at this hotel,the staff and location was perfect,near to all the museums,that we wanted to visit.only down side was the price of beer in Amsterdam
,six euros a beer but not to be put off we still had a fantastic time,the hotel clean ,friendly staff pleasant and helpful,room clean,small area for shower toilet cleaned to a high standard.

Room Tip: All rooms same ,very high standard s at this hotel
1  Thank Derrick B
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Just a short not to thank you for your amazing words. Sounds like you had a relaxed time in Amsterdam like you said yourself. Next time just ask our staff members for the best tips and addresses in town, we know all greats spots where the drinks are not that expensive. So hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were a family of 4 adults and picked this hotel as it was near the train station and we were due to arrive into amsterdam airport late at night. It was a good choice - the trains run beneath the airport and you can buy tickets quite easily at counters - as we had heard the ticket machines were quite complicated. Its only around 4 euros one way and takes approx 20 minutes and there are 3 trains minimum per hour. The hotel is directly across from the station - just opposite the Ibis Hotel. Its beside the end of Dam where the Christmas market is at present and near enough to walk to the Red Light districts and most of the other attractions of the city. The staff are exceptionally friendly - all of them - especially the lady who looks after the breakfast counter. The choice is fairly limited but theres plenty of breads, cheeses, meats, and cereals - no need to leave hungry. The hotel is old but we found it to be clean and the reception staff were always ready to answer our queries. They have a left luggage facility which is free of charge. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - the lift only goes to the 2nd floor at the back - some of the steps can be a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write. Sounds like you had a good stay, but the compliments must be for the Park Plaza Hotel instead of Park Hotel Amsterdam because of the fact that the Park Plaza Hotel is right across the central station. But great to hear that you had a good time in Amsterdam. Maybe we have the honour the next time to welcome you at Park Hotel if you are planning another trip to Amsterdam.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a room at the front of the building, full of character with beams and sloping ceilings. Luckily for us our bathroom was separate, reading other reviews we were really pleased as not sure I like the sound of open bathrooms!

Location very good, nice and close to museums and walkable into main centre. We were pleased we stayed in this location rather than central.

Room was very comfortable and we slept well in the soft bed, although softer than what we were used to.

All amenities in the hotel were great, lovely 'ritual' toiletries in the bathroom, TV with loads of English channels, library with books to borrow in the 'living room' / bar downstairs with lovely comfy places to relax. Very trendy but not in an off-putting way.

The room, being at the front of the building, was very noisy, even on the 5th floor. This could definitely be improved. The local beggar whistling for money late into the night did get annoying! Windows also draughty and the climate control in the room took a while to work, meaning it was tricky to stay at a good temperature.

Staff lovely and so helpful and housekeeping meant room was spotless. The porters were so on the ball, helping people with bags/taxis.

Didn't try the breakfast as very pricey.

Would definitely return/recommend but would request closed bathroom again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking to write about your Park Hotel experience. It’s always a pleasure to read if somebody enjoyed their stay that much. Great to hear to you would love to come back sometime. So hopefully we have the honour to welcome you soon. Just contact our reservations department for your room request and we will make sure that you will get a closed bathroom.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Me and my wife stayed for a long weekend, the hotel is nice upon arriving @14.30 our room was not ready but they said they could upgrade for an extra 25 euros per night!! I say in a lot of hotels and for the room not to be ready at that time of day and then try to get you to upgrade at that price I felt was a bit of a con!! However the room was nice on the top floor not too bid but was ok. nice looking feel to the place and clean enough. Their is a extra charge of 10 euros a day for the wifi!! which I feel if far too much, How ever the staff were nice and the place is in a good location. The MOMO restaurant next door is a little bit costly too!

If you feel like going to the casino over the road as at reception for a fee entry ticket as its 5 euros to get in if you don't have one.

My 3 star review is based on the room not ready and the wifi cost only.

1  Thank Thesaint73
Reviewed November 27, 2013

i first stayed here 25 years ago. Needless to say, it is nothing like it was back then. Then, it was a small boutique hotel that had a great location. It is still small, but is now upscale with price and amenities to match. As with most European rooms, these are smaller than what people in North America are probably used to. Consequently, if you're spending more than a night or two here (I spent 4 nights), I would definitely recommend one of the larger suites (which I did). The management is one of the most accommodating I have experienced in any of my travels. The concierge services were warm and very helpul. And, of course, the location is excellent; the Rijiks, Van Gogh and Anne Frank Museums are within easy walking distance as are many fine and casual restaurants. As in most of Amsterdam, public transportation is conveniently located and easy to use. Taxi cabs are available and the front desk will call one for you. In order to avoid ticket lines and ensure you get to see what you want (I was there in late July), I would strongly recommend you purchase museum tickets before arriving in Amsterdam. Although my suite had a street view, the street sounds were minimal. When I return to Amsterdam, I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are spending more than a couple of days here, I would definitely upgrade from their superior...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is the second time this year I have stayed at The Park, first time for business and this time for a personal trip. We arrived at the hotel at around 11:30 and our room was ready. I had requested an early check in and also a quiet room,both of which we're met. My partner and I then went out for the day. When we returned, we were informed by a hotel employee outside our room that the electric in the bathroom had gone out and they were trying to fix it. We still entered our room and had some works going on while they tried to fix the problem. After about 30 minutes, with no prompting from us, the manager came to see us to say that as the works were taking a little while, they were giving us a free upgrade and some free drinks for the inconvenience. This was a really lovely touch. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The rooms are lovely, the living room area a great place to relax and it is very central. I will never stay any where else in Amsterdam when travelling for either business or pleasure. It is really great!!!!!