3,002 results
All reviews momo restaurant the hard rock cafe separate bathroom executive room van gogh museum museum quarter excellent location mini bar modern hotel heineken experience overlooking the canal canal cruise city tax booked this hotel city break dam square long weekend
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It is a beautiful hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic for people watching and access to the tram system. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant, beautiful presentation and delisious. Nice wine list as well. We will be back!

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal. Wonderful view!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing Park Hotel and sharing your kind words with us.
I do agree on the location, Park Hotel is only a stone warp away from Leidseplein that offers access in all directions of Amsterdam centre.
I am glad to hear that you’ve had such a positive experience with Park Hotel during your recent stay!
I hope to welcome you back in the near future. If you are in need of anything that we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us at any time!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked a room here 3 months in advance that was to be a Superior Room with a queen size bed. The cost was $215 (US Dollars) per night plus taxes and fees. Upon check in I was sent to a room that was about 10'x10' in size and had a single bed. It was seriously no bigger than the pod I rented at the airport in Delhi. I informed the front desk that I didn't get the room that I had purchased and they said that they just squeezed me in wherever they could because the hotel was booked. Basically because I was traveling alone, I got the smallest room they had. I said that would be fine as long as they refund me the difference of putting me in a lesser room. The manager said that they don't work that way and a refund was not possible. I said that I will not accept the smallest room in the hotel because I paid for a Superior with a queen size bed. One of the front desk girls even told me she was shocked that they put me there while the manager was in the back trying to figure out how to accomodate me. The manager came back and gave me another room that wasn't much bigger and had a double bed. I relented because I had just traveled 30 hours from India and was exhausted and needed sleep. I woke up to a letter outside my door that basically said that I should thank them for being so accommodating. I believe they even used the term "upgrade". How is it an upgrade when I still got a lesser room than I paid for?? It's really unbelievable. I have never seen a hotel do business like this. They call this a luxury hotel but run it like a hostel. The photo I'm including is the entire extent of the room. My back is right up against the door.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
7  Thank girl1der1975

I am truly sorry to hear about your recent stay!
Could you please send us your contact details and the actual date of your stay to www.sales@parkhotel.nl so that we can take a closer look into this situation and get to the bottom of the discomfort during your stay.
Again my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Maybe that's a bit of an ironic title?! I just stayed here to attend a regional sales meeting of our company, i.e. we were at least 25-30 people. Including the stay(organized by hotel) was a boattrip along Amsterdam´s canals, meeting room arrangements and a lunch. What I mean to say, we left some money" here!! When I checked in, I was given a room on the outside with windows so thin...therefore the tramway downstairs was riding thru your bedroom..so to say.
At the price of almost € 200 a night and given the conference arrangements we had booked, unacceptable. I am sure I will find more suitable place to stay in Amsterdam next time. Main thing that bothered me though was, how "dumb" can a hotel be to assign such "crappy" rooms, to a good of people that's leaving decent money in the hotel?!

Room tip: I think my commentary above speaks for itself..
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

First of all I would like to take this moment to thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in some of our amenities. I will share your comments with our staff and we will use your comments to improve our guest’s experience. We pride ourselves on a prompt and efficient service and I do sincerely hope you will accept that your experience is certainly not reflective of our usual standards.
I can only hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that we can prove to you what our hotel is about.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Top class hotel in an excellent location. Very stylish decor in the rooms. Like previous reviews say, the room was a bit small but who comes to Amsterdam and stays in their room?!?!?!
Ideal location for anyone looking to explore this wonderful city.
This was my second stay at this hotel and won't be my last.

Date of stay: March 2013
1  Thank mcgoo4444
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for kind review!
I am glad that again you chose to stay with us at Park Hotel, I also hope that you've seen some of Amsterdams highlights during your recent stay.
If you have any inquiries or anything that we can do for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us at any point of time!