“Very good hotel, excellent location”

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #93 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very good hotel, excellent location. Good service, excellent breakfast. Room a bit on the small side. Internet connection fast and good. Service excellent and staff very attentive to any need. Recommended.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Yoav H
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your short but super positive feedback with us via Trip Advisor. I will share your kind words with our staff, and I know they will all appreciate it.
I am looking forward to welcome you again in the near future!
Thanks again for choosing Park Hotel.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

It is a beautiful hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was fantastic for people watching and access to the tram system. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant, beautiful presentation and delisious. Nice wine list as well. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal. Wonderful view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Park Hotel and sharing your kind words with us.
I do agree on the location, Park Hotel is only a stone warp away from Leidseplein that offers access in all directions of Amsterdam centre.
I am glad to hear that you’ve had such a positive experience with Park Hotel during your recent stay!
I hope to welcome you back in the near future. If you are in need of anything that we can do for you, do not hesitate to contact us at any time!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked a room here 3 months in advance that was to be a Superior Room with a queen size bed. The cost was $215 (US Dollars) per night plus taxes and fees. Upon check in I was sent to a room that was about 10'x10' in size and had a single bed. It was seriously no bigger than the pod I rented at the airport in Delhi. I informed the front desk that I didn't get the room that I had purchased and they said that they just squeezed me in wherever they could because the hotel was booked. Basically because I was traveling alone, I got the smallest room they had. I said that would be fine as long as they refund me the difference of putting me in a lesser room. The manager said that they don't work that way and a refund was not possible. I said that I will not accept the smallest room in the hotel because I paid for a Superior with a queen size bed. One of the front desk girls even told me she was shocked that they put me there while the manager was in the back trying to figure out how to accomodate me. The manager came back and gave me another room that wasn't much bigger and had a double bed. I relented because I had just traveled 30 hours from India and was exhausted and needed sleep. I woke up to a letter outside my door that basically said that I should thank them for being so accommodating. I believe they even used the term "upgrade". How is it an upgrade when I still got a lesser room than I paid for?? It's really unbelievable. I have never seen a hotel do business like this. They call this a luxury hotel but run it like a hostel. The photo I'm including is the entire extent of the room. My back is right up against the door.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank girl1der1975

I am truly sorry to hear about your recent stay!
Could you please send us your contact details and the actual date of your stay to www.sales@parkhotel.nl so that we can take a closer look into this situation and get to the bottom of the discomfort during your stay.
Again my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Maybe that's a bit of an ironic title?! I just stayed here to attend a regional sales meeting of our company, i.e. we were at least 25-30 people. Including the stay(organized by hotel) was a boattrip along Amsterdam´s canals, meeting room arrangements and a lunch. What I mean to say, we left some money" here!! When I checked in, I was given a room on the outside with windows so thin...therefore the tramway downstairs was riding thru your bedroom..so to say.
At the price of almost € 200 a night and given the conference arrangements we had booked, unacceptable. I am sure I will find more suitable place to stay in Amsterdam next time. Main thing that bothered me though was, how "dumb" can a hotel be to assign such "crappy" rooms, to a good of people that's leaving decent money in the hotel?!

Room Tip: I think my commentary above speaks for itself..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

First of all I would like to take this moment to thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input and apologize you were disappointed in some of our amenities. I will share your comments with our staff and we will use your comments to improve our guest’s experience. We pride ourselves on a prompt and efficient service and I do sincerely hope you will accept that your experience is certainly not reflective of our usual standards.
I can only hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, so that we can prove to you what our hotel is about.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank rosannaWestYorkshire

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Top class hotel in an excellent location. Very stylish decor in the rooms. Like previous reviews say, the room was a bit small but who comes to Amsterdam and stays in their room?!?!?!
Ideal location for anyone looking to explore this wonderful city.
This was my second stay at this hotel and won't be my last.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mcgoo4444
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for kind review!
I am glad that again you chose to stay with us at Park Hotel, I also hope that you've seen some of Amsterdams highlights during your recent stay.
If you have any inquiries or anything that we can do for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us at any point of time!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As always I conduct my research on Trip Advisor and following encouraging reviews decided to opt for the Park Hotel.
I’m not an Amsterdam novice but this was my first visit to The Park Hotel. Firstly location – the hotel is just opposite the Leidersplein (party central) and extremely near to the Reijksmuseum, designer shops and the entrance to Vondel Park. Getting to the hotel is very easy – about a 30 minute walk from Central Station or tram to Leidesplein (10 minute journey, €2.70 at time of writing).
We took an early flight from the UK, and arrived at the hotel at 11am. Check in is 2 pm although I was told that our room would be ready by 12.30 and thus left our luggage in the porter in the secure storage room. Reception staff are exceptionally helpful. They provided a map, marked up places of interest, offered help with local restaurant reservations or tickets for attractions.
The hotel, whilst being ultra modern has a very ‘warm’ feel. The ‘living-room’ has a gorgeous feature fire, comfortable seating and serves pretty good coffee as well as having an adequately stocked bar. The restaurant, MOMO, has a pretty good reputation. Unfortunately I didn’t have the opportunity to eat there but appeared to be full each night.
Hotel rooms in Amsterdam tend to be somewhat on the small side and so I opted for an executive room facing the canal. The bed was very comfortable and dressed with beautiful Egyptian cotton bed linen. There is a flat screen tv with a selection of English channels, iPod docking station and free wifi. The bathroom had an over bath rainwater shower, good quality towels and toiletries.
The mini bar comes fully stocked with prices pretty standard for this type of hotel. There are tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. All in all a well equipped base for our short break.
All in all this hotel hits the mark on so many levels. I will certainly use The Park Hotel on my next visit to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: if you can, up grade to an executive room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your recent stay at Park Hotel.
I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel, and I will definitaly pass your possitive feedback on to our staff! .
The hotel has a very central location and offers you the oportunity to travel by tram or by foot!
I would like to thank you again for your kindest review as you rated us so high in every aspect of the hotel. I am looking forward to your next visit, if there is anything that we can do for your next stay, do not hesitate to contact us at any point!