2,948 results
All reviewsmomo restaurantthe hard rock cafeseparate bathroomexecutive roomvan gogh museummuseum quarterexcellent locationmini barcanal boatmodern hotelheineken experienceoverlooking the canalrestaurants and barsbooked this hotelcity breakdam squarelong weekend
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Top class hotel in an excellent location. Very stylish decor in the rooms. Like previous reviews say, the room was a bit small but who comes to Amsterdam and stays in their room?!?!?!
Ideal location for anyone looking to explore this wonderful city.
This was my second stay at this hotel and won't be my last.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mcgoo4444
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for kind review!
I am glad that again you chose to stay with us at Park Hotel, I also hope that you've seen some of Amsterdams highlights during your recent stay.
If you have any inquiries or anything that we can do for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us at any point of time!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

As always I conduct my research on Trip Advisor and following encouraging reviews decided to opt for the Park Hotel.
I’m not an Amsterdam novice but this was my first visit to The Park Hotel. Firstly location – the hotel is just opposite the Leidersplein (party central) and extremely near to the Reijksmuseum, designer shops and the entrance to Vondel Park. Getting to the hotel is very easy – about a 30 minute walk from Central Station or tram to Leidesplein (10 minute journey, €2.70 at time of writing).
We took an early flight from the UK, and arrived at the hotel at 11am. Check in is 2 pm although I was told that our room would be ready by 12.30 and thus left our luggage in the porter in the secure storage room. Reception staff are exceptionally helpful. They provided a map, marked up places of interest, offered help with local restaurant reservations or tickets for attractions.
The hotel, whilst being ultra modern has a very ‘warm’ feel. The ‘living-room’ has a gorgeous feature fire, comfortable seating and serves pretty good coffee as well as having an adequately stocked bar. The restaurant, MOMO, has a pretty good reputation. Unfortunately I didn’t have the opportunity to eat there but appeared to be full each night.
Hotel rooms in Amsterdam tend to be somewhat on the small side and so I opted for an executive room facing the canal. The bed was very comfortable and dressed with beautiful Egyptian cotton bed linen. There is a flat screen tv with a selection of English channels, iPod docking station and free wifi. The bathroom had an over bath rainwater shower, good quality towels and toiletries.
The mini bar comes fully stocked with prices pretty standard for this type of hotel. There are tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. All in all a well equipped base for our short break.
All in all this hotel hits the mark on so many levels. I will certainly use The Park Hotel on my next visit to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: if you can, up grade to an executive room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your recent stay at Park Hotel.
I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel, and I will definitaly pass your possitive feedback on to our staff! .
The hotel has a very central location and offers you the oportunity to travel by tram or by foot!
I would like to thank you again for your kindest review as you rated us so high in every aspect of the hotel. I am looking forward to your next visit, if there is anything that we can do for your next stay, do not hesitate to contact us at any point!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We cannot speak highly enough of the service we recieved from the minute we checked in! Upon arrival we where greeted with Sophie, customer service who was a true credit to the Park! Making us feel welcome, and advised we had been upgraded to an executive room on the 7th floor in room 761 with a spectacular balcony view as she noted from check in that it was my partners birthday, and also had the room decorated with happy birthday banners along with free drinks vouchers in the living room. Sophie also offered maps and advice on how to enjoy the city, with recommendations! This was fantastic service, a higher level of service than what I have recieved in many 5star establishments. Please remember guys this is an alpha city and so the prices I found reasonable! Rooms where tastefully decorated, modern and clean. Breakfast was well presented, with a selection to satisfy all, including prosecco! I cannot recommend the Park Hotel highly enough and strongly advise anyone looking for a great time in the dam to look no further!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I feel honored that you have chosen for Park Hotel to celebrate your partners birthday and I truly hope that you've had an amazing time in Amsterdam.
I am so glad you loved the view, design of your room, and service, and that you will be back in the future! I must admit that the prosecco with breakfast makes your breakfast extra special.
Please inform us when you are planning to stay with us again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Park Hotel for 3 nights, midweek.

Rooms are clean and nicely presented, and look like they may have been subject to a recent-ish refurbishment. The provision of a single UK power socket is a nice touch. The LED lighting around the desk area isa bit gimmicky, although it can be used to turn the room into your very own Amsterdam red light area if the mood takes you (or blue, or green, or white...).

Bathroom was nice, although I'm sure I'm not the only one who laments the loss of a decent door. Frosted glass is very trendy, but even if the loss of privacy is only in the imagination, it still feels like it has been lost.

The minibar, like all such "facilities" is an utter utter rip-off, and in the case of the room I was in, has a unique design defect in the form of a very trendy chrome edged hole with which to open the door that very nearly broke my finger when I closed it. Movies, as usual, are hideously overpriced, as is the wi-fi service which at 10euros a night must represent a five-figure markup %.

All of the above can be resolved by the hotel if they so choose, but the lure of easy money gained at the expense of true guest convenience is just to hard to resist for most operators. Sad that such an outdated business model should survive into the 21st century. What is more difficult for them to change is the fact that the road at the front of the hotel is constantly noisy, as is the road to the side which suffers from the additional noise generated by passing trams. It's probably even noisier at the weekend given the proximity of the Leidseplein, Amsterdam's main nightlife area.

All in all, a decent enough place to sleep, but the extras aren't worth the extra.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GSBLondon

I would like to take this oportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at Park Hotel! We truly appreciate your kind words about the hotel and its design.
We do offer rooms which are located on the back of the hotel where is no noise of the trams. Maybe next time when you stay with us we can find you a room that suits your style better.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I know many European hotels are overpriced and cramped, this is one of the smallest I've paid handsomely for. The lobby was the only really fine part of the hotel. I've heard the American Hotel around the corner is much nicer for similar prices. I won't go back there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

I am sorry to read that your recent stay with us did not suit your expectations.
I can only hope that in time you will reconsider staying with us again, so that we can offer you a different room that suits your style better. Please let us know if you choose to stay with Park Hotel again.