2,833 results
All reviewsciel bleuserre restaurantteppanyaki restaurantmichelin starred restaurantshealth clubpillow menucorner roomexecutive floorturn down servicede pijpcity centrefive star hoteltop floorjunior suitebeautiful hotelrooftop barnespresso machine
Reviewed November 14, 2017

We had a great experience at this hotel. The decor is simple yet elegant. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 14th floor overlooking the canal - a beautiful view, especially at night. The bathroom was great - loved the glass wall for being able to soak in the tub while looking out over the city (it did have an electric shade for when you wanted privacy.) Spotlessly clean, extremely comfortable beds and more space than many hotel rooms have. The only meal we ate in the hotel was breakfast, but it was very good with many different choices on the buffet, including the ioption of cooked to order eggs and omelets. The only problem we had was that right after we crawled into bed, we heard dripping water in the bathroom - it was leaking out of the bathroom light fixture from the room above, luckily the tub was underneath. We called the front desk and maintenance was up within 5 minutes. Within another 5 minutes there was a porter to move our luggage to a new room. They didn't cause the problem, but they dealt with it quickly and efficiently. Within walking distance of museums and good places to eat, not tomention they have a Michelin starred restaurant on site! Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher up you go, the better the view! Thecanal view was very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. This is much appreciated and works very motivating for our team members.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am most grateful to receive your very positive feedback, which I will happily share with the team. Luckily you were pleased how we solved the leaking situation, we do our utmost to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Furthermore, thank you once again for complementing our hotel as elegant, the staff as helpful and the breakfast as very good.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future, our Michelin starred restaurants are waiting for you as well since you did not had the change to visit one of them.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Easy walk to the museum District. Hotel room looked out on a canal. Better than I could have even imagined. Many places in a block or two to have drinks and dinner. Hotel was 5 star. Our bathroom had a glass wall, so you could be in the bathtub and look out at the canals! Of course, there is an electric shade in there for privacy. Breakfast buffet was fantastic. Our room had a note on the bed for us to choose our style of pillow, down, etc... Everyone was friendly, helpful and professional. The spa was great, I enjoyed getting in the hot tub. Room had robes and slippers waiting for us as well. Highly recommend and would happily stay there again!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and could not have been happier!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. I have read your comments with great attention and would like to sincerely thank you for notifying me about your experiences regarding your stay on TripAdvisor.

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive such positive words regarding our bathroom, were you can indeed look out at the canals. Next to this, you have luckily liked our breakfast buffet and the pillow choices in the room. Lastly, we appreciate sharing your experiences about our staff, whom was friendly, helpful and professional.

I would like to thank you once more for expressing your kind words and highly recommending. You are always most welcome to return to our hotel. Therefore we look forward to welcome you to Hotel Okura Amsterdam in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Our hotel (the Okura) was just outside the central city in the business district. It was only a 20 minute walk to the Museumplein and if you prefered to eat locally, there were lots of choices within 10 minutes.
The restaurants within the hotel are all highly rated serving Japanese cuisine. The breakfast buffet was rife with choices including a Japanese option as well as the standard Western European fare. The service was excellent and as soon as an offering got low it was restocked.
Only down-side to our room was the fact that it looked over a small petting zoo that had a rooster that believed 5:30 AM was everyone’s wake-up call! (Can’t really fault the hotel for that, but it was really the only negative I could think of.)
The room was quite spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the bath had to be seen to be believed! Excellent hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Dear Guest,

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive such positive feedback about our breakfast in Le Camelia which you experienced as great with excellent service. Furthermore, very great to learn you have found the room as spacious, with a comfortable bed and our bathroom. Unfortunate to hear you were waked up on such early hours, even if we had no impact in this matter.

I would like to thank you once more for both expressing your kind words and expressing you will stay with us again. You are always most welcome to return to our hotel. Therefore we look forward to welcome you to Hotel Okura Amsterdam in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2017

5 Star Hotel in the Pijp neighborhood. About a 30 minute walk from just about every tourist attraction in Central Amsterdam. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and it was an almost perfect stay. The staff were excellent and allowed an early check in. The rooms are luxurious and the bathroom shower was an experience on its own. Nesspresso coffee machine in each room. The swimming pool and jacuzzi are spotless and the sauna, steam room and ice showers were a pleasure. Not to mention the excellent restaurants and rooftop bar! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: High floor rooms have great views
Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allan P
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. Comments of our guests are highly appreciated.

I am thankful to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am most grateful to receive your very positive feedback regarding our staff, which I will happily share with the team. Great to learn your wedding anniversary was close to perfect, with the luxurious room and bathroom which was an experience for you. Furthermore, thank you for complementing our Nagomi Health with all their offered facilities and of course our Michelin rewarded restaurants.

I would like to thank you once more for both expressing your kind words and for recommending. You are always most welcome to return to our hotel. Therefore we look forward to welcome you to Hotel Okura Amsterdam in the near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Situated in a walking distance from RAI (conference centre in Amsterdam) this hotel has some advantages. Among them an excellent fast WiFi, a well-trained personnel and good SPA amenities.
However, booking system is tricky as you don't have a clear proposal online (different types of rooms with sub-categories) and is on the expensive side. Also, cleanliness is sufficient but not 5-star.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Guest,

Comments of guests enable us to further improve our product and the services offered and are highly appreciated. Hereby I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam.

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive positive feedback about our staff, which you have experienced as truly well-trained. Furthermore, thank you for complementing our Wi-Fi, Nagomi Spa and the location in connection with the RAI.

It is unfortunate the booking system was not clear for you. I would like to apologize if this was inconvenient for you. Please feel free to contact our reservations department the next time, they take all the necessary time to inform you well. Also very unfortunate to learn you have experienced the cleanliness below 5-star, I would like to ask you to contact us about this in order to learn more about your experience regarding this since this rarely happens.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.