WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Okura Amsterdam

Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Ranked #24 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Recommend for a short stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed in the Hotel Okura in the middle of May for a 4 day trip to Amsterdam with my boyfriend.

The free wifi was much enjoyed and everything was great in the room, we had everything we needed.

I was disappointed that we had to pay to use the gym facility, this should be included with the stay.

We rented bikes from the hotel which were great! Really safe and at a great price, I'd really recommend doing it!

The hotel is in a good location, we thought we'd have to get the tram loads but we ended up walking to the centre most days! (Takes about 20-30 minutes depending on where your going just watch out for the bikes!)

There's loads of great restaurants and cafés nearby the hotel, I recommend Omeleg highly! Amazing food and service. There's also a fantastic market nearby.

We had a great stay but I think we'll try a visit a tad more close to the centre next time.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank GeorgiMosley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We arrived at this hotel late friday evening. We were greeted by a lovely man who provided lots of information on how to enjoy our trip to Amsterdam as well as a map for us to look over. On getting in the lifts we were blown away. The style of the hotel is incredibly high class. Our room was amazing. The bathroom the best ive seen in a hotel ever. We were worried about the "Glass" issue but were pleasantly surprised when we pushed a button and a blind came down covering the glass area so you could have some privacy while you were bathing if you wanted. The room service was quick and incredibly tasty except for the bread rolls which we had to leave as they were hard like bricks. Apart from that we had a fantastic time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marbella
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

From the first moment you arrive till the moment you leave you know that you are in a first class hotel.
The reception gives you a very relax feeling, the staff working in this hotel are really good trained.
The room we stay in was excellent.
The bar on the top is very good with a great view over Amsterdam.
For our next stay we will come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Great stay, enjoy every minute of it, specious rooms, view of the city is amazing from the high floors, facilities are great, room is clean and comfortable, would be happy to come again, highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had a delightful stay at Okura. Naively, I was unaware the it was a Japanese hotel, not that it mattered at all (except that there was a very good Japanese restaurant on property!). The service as top notch and I'm surprised to read some of the reviews stating that it was not a property that catered to business people. I did not find that to be the case at. I used the Executive Lounge and the staff was most helpful, as was the concierge in arranging transportation, reservations and other needs. Nonetheless, I think the Okura also would be a wonderful place to stay with family. One note though: while close to RAI and the airport (without hearing planes overhead), it was not a quick walk to the city center. However, it was just a 10 minute cab ride to the center, so certainly not a real drawback. Finally, more about the restaurants; in addition to the Japanese one noted above I had a fantastic lunch at Serre (see separate review)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cinandran
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have just returned from a two night stay at the Okura and I cannot praise it enough. I was travelling alone but was given a really nice corner room on the ninth floor with a panoramic view of Amsterdam. The room and bathroom were spotless and cleaned twice a day, it had a well stocked mini bar and some snacks and enough desk space for me to work if i needed to.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and professional and when I had a problem with the coffee maker in my room it was attended to immediately.
They stored my bag after checkout leaving me free to explore the city more before I left and I spent a relaxing hour and half in lobby bar whilst awaiting to leave for my flight....the food is also quite delicious.
I have seen previous comments about the hotel been too far out of the main city but frankly I didn't find this a problem at all. It is in a quiet little spot with some nice bars and restaurants nearby and it is a short tram ride to the centre of the city.
All in all it was worth every penny and I would stay there again and also recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Didnt use the spa so unable to comment
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Estero, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was my favorite of the four hotels we stayed at on this trip. I loved this hotel!

First of all, all of the staff we came into contact with were wonderful and helpful. They made us feel like they wanted us to be there.

The rooms were awesome. Ours was a good sized standard room with corner view that included 2 pretty huge floor to ceiling windows, a large flat screen television, Nespresso machine, a comfortable club chair and separate tube and shower. The bed was comfortable and the internet was fast. I loved the nightly turn down service. Honestly, I was sad to leave.

The location could have been better as it is in a very quiet neighborhood and took 10 - 20 minutes to get to the heart of the city. But there is a tram stop very near the hotel and with a little practice we were able to get around Amsterdam very easy.

The hotel has a lot of great restaurants and we in three of them which I will review separately.

Needless to say, that this hotel will be on the top of the list the next time we are in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple