2,894 results
All reviews ciel bleu serre restaurant teppanyaki restaurant michelin starred restaurants health club pillow menu executive floor corner room turn down service de pijp city centre five star hotel top floor junior suite beautiful hotel rooftop bar nespresso machine
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Took my wife away as a surprise for her birthday and we were not disappointed. The Okura is modern and tastfully decorated with a good selection of bars & resturants, the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The only minor criticism, for some, may be its location to the city centre, but with a very efficiant tram service about 150 metres from the hotel door it takes about 15 mins to get to Dam Square, so it is not really an issue. However what makes the Okura stand out from other 5 star hotel's is it's staff, they were very pleasant and extremley helpful. A big thankyou to the doormen and security guys that helped us when we discovered that we had car trouble, I'm sorry we did'nt catch your names but thanks to you we did manage to catch our boat home !!! We will definatley be paying a visit next time we are in Amsterdam.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a very pleasant restful experience in an executive room in what seems to be mainly a business hotel. We stayed for 5 nights as tourists with breakfast and pool and spa included.. The staff were friendly well trained and professional both at reception, in the dining room and restaurants and elsewhere. The concierge obtained tickets for a memorable concert at Concertgbou and we followed this with a tour of the concert Hall. The centre of Amsterdam was easy to reach by tram and the airport was 36 euros by taxi.Unusually light refreshments were provided free in the Executive lounge.
We would stay again in this 5 star hotel, if in Amsterdam.
Very good size bathroom and bedroom and very comfortable.

Room tip: Pay for an executive room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice location, nice staff..But car parking is over priced..35 euros daily! The entrance is awkward with narrow space for cars to move. Sometimes, when there is an event, it gets really nasty. the corner rooms and suites are panoramic, especially when stay in the higher floors.

Room tip: It's a little far from Amsterdam centre!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently went here with my husband to celebrate my birthday weekend. Right when you walk in the door, you are greeted with people ready to help you with your bag. When checking in, I told them it was my birthday and put me up in a fabulous room with amazing views of Amsterdam. A pleasant Happy Birthday card also awaited me in the room. We stayed in the Deluxe room which was a good size for a couple. The bathroom was big enough to fit a nice sized bathtub and shower. I was impressed by the high end faucets upgraded technological amenities in the room. We wanted to listen to the radio while taking a bath but couldn't figure out how it worked. The location was slightly removed from the city center which I guess they consider "Dam." But it was easy to take the tram number 25 to the hotel. The neighborhood itself is very trendy and walking distance to many cute cafes and restaurants. The use of the gym and pool (15 euros/person) I thought was a little over-priced as well as the breakfast buffet (29 euros/person). We unfortunately did not get a chance to eat at their restaurants but will the next time we go.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

First class in every aspect from greeting at reception, through condition of room and service levels throughout my stay.

probably the cleanest and quitest hotel I have ever stayed in worldwide in the last twenty years.

Room tip: Any room on North East side has geat canal views
Date of stay: October 2012