Hotel Okura Amsterdam
$244
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

$244
$195
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$166
$154
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $248/night.

$295
$287
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,753 results
All reviewsciel bleuserre restaurantteppanyaki restaurantmichelin starred restaurantshealth clubpillow menuexecutive floorcorner roomturn down servicede pijpcity centretop floorfive star hoteljunior suitebeautiful hotelrooftop barbusiness trip
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Okura is beautiful, luxurious but with a real warmth in its service. It was my birthday during our weekend at the Okura and got a beautiful card and small bottle of sparkling sake. We also got a room upgrade to a beautiful executive suite. Overall the ambience is that of a luxury ME hotel such as Raffles Dubai.

Louis, the receptionist who looked after us was excellent and so friendly also.

For my birthday my husband took me to the deservedly Michelin-starred Yamazoto where we had the exquisite tasting seasonal menu with complementary wine selection. One of our most memorable meals. The Bento box lunch at Serre is also a delight.

Definitely for our next visit to Amsterdam!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmandDee
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed one night for the IBC conference in September. I chose this hotel because of the great reviews it got.
Although we had a very, very nice room with a magnificent view there were a view glitches - the air con wouldn't go below 21C (was a warm weekend) and our beds weren't turned down for the night - so no dry towels for our morning shower.
The PR did appologise for the above, but at 800Euro a night I would expect perfection.
The restaurant on the top floor - "Ciel Blue", was a magnificent experience in food and service, although our reception was a bit cool to start with...
I have decided to start a cuppacino rating for hotels, so here goes:
Cuppacino room service: *
Cuppacino main restaurant: *****
Cuppacino Ciel Blue: *****

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Based on previous trip advisor reviews, this hotel should be fabulous: and it was! From the moment we walked up and were greeted by the doorman and then reception, we were made to feel welcome. We followed the advice of others and requested a room on a high floor: it was gorgeous, with enormous picture windows overlooking the adjacent canal and the southern Amsterdam neighborhoods. The bathroom was spectacular with a glass walk-in shower, a large tub, and granite surround, all spotlessly clean. One unique feature is the glass wall between bathroom and sleeping area; there is a shade that can be electronically rolled down to provide privacy (the doorman who brings the bags to your room explains the various features). The only downside for us: we had only 1 night to stay and weren't able to experience many of the available amenities!

Room Tip: Better views from rooms on higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recently stayed here while on a business trip to Amsterdam, I was attending IBC at the RAI which is only a few minutes down the road. All I can say is wow, it is rare to stay at a hotel where the only complaint you have is the price. The hotel itself was spectacular, a beautiful and quiet location close to many restaurants and the RAI. The tram is right down the road and gets you to the Dam in a matter of minutes, so while you ate first feel a bit isolated from all the excitement it turns out to just an passing feeling.

I had a standard room with a very comfortable bed, nice work area and very modern bathroom with a great shower and tub. My room overlooked the room of a large warehouse type building but it was clean, very quiet and since the building was low I had a wonderful view of the rest of the city.

The breakfast buffet was very nice, big selection of high quality and very tasty food. I did upgrade on day for €10 and get the traditional grilled Japanese breakfast which you have to order the day before, I really enjoyed the slow calm experience but had to watch the other to figure out exactly what went with what.

There are a number of very highly rated restaurants which I didn’t get a chance to eat at, but I did have a very interesting experience in the private dining room across from Ciel Bleu. I was going upstairs to the bar to meet with some friends and was hijacked by a very happy drunk man celebrating his 40th birthday, he decided that he needed one more person to join his party. I had just eaten so I wasn’t hunger but I did decide to join him for a glass of wine, three hours later and a whole lot of absolutely fabulous wine it was time to go. I did have an opportunity to share some of the multi-course meal, one of the best things was the lamb course which included lamb loin, chops and a very interesting lamb shank confit. The service was outstanding and the food or what I had was some of the best I have ever eaten, I understand it is a Michelin 2-star and with quality comes at a price. Fortunately for me I was not paying for dinner but my guess is that for the multi-course tasting menu with wine you are probably looking at €250/person.

It wasn’t a cheap hotel but I think it was worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Okura for just two nights but this is a real Leading Hotel. Service is definitely the best (except maybe during the night, when the operator was not always quick to answer). Spacious rooms (I booked a Junior Suite). Room service is AAA. Breakfast is super, with a wide range of cold and hot meals. My only suggestion to the management is to change the courtesy line in the bathroom. A 5-star hotel like this needs a branded line, not some anonymous "verveine" products. And also.. the soap dispenser in the shower cubicle is definitely to avoid!
But, beside this, I can tell you that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. Definitely the one to choose to stay in Amsterdam. Very close to the centre (by tram, 10 min.).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business