Hotel Okura Amsterdam
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Victorie(Amsterdam)
Sir Albert Hotel(Amsterdam)
2,754 results
All reviewsciel bleuserre restaurantteppanyaki restaurantmichelin starred restaurantshealth clubpillow menuexecutive floorcorner roomturn down servicede pijpcity centretop floorfive star hoteljunior suitebeautiful hotelrooftop barbusiness trip
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recently stayed here while on a business trip to Amsterdam, I was attending IBC at the RAI which is only a few minutes down the road. All I can say is wow, it is rare to stay at a hotel where the only complaint you have is the price. The hotel itself was spectacular, a beautiful and quiet location close to many restaurants and the RAI. The tram is right down the road and gets you to the Dam in a matter of minutes, so while you ate first feel a bit isolated from all the excitement it turns out to just an passing feeling.

I had a standard room with a very comfortable bed, nice work area and very modern bathroom with a great shower and tub. My room overlooked the room of a large warehouse type building but it was clean, very quiet and since the building was low I had a wonderful view of the rest of the city.

The breakfast buffet was very nice, big selection of high quality and very tasty food. I did upgrade on day for €10 and get the traditional grilled Japanese breakfast which you have to order the day before, I really enjoyed the slow calm experience but had to watch the other to figure out exactly what went with what.

There are a number of very highly rated restaurants which I didn’t get a chance to eat at, but I did have a very interesting experience in the private dining room across from Ciel Bleu. I was going upstairs to the bar to meet with some friends and was hijacked by a very happy drunk man celebrating his 40th birthday, he decided that he needed one more person to join his party. I had just eaten so I wasn’t hunger but I did decide to join him for a glass of wine, three hours later and a whole lot of absolutely fabulous wine it was time to go. I did have an opportunity to share some of the multi-course meal, one of the best things was the lamb course which included lamb loin, chops and a very interesting lamb shank confit. The service was outstanding and the food or what I had was some of the best I have ever eaten, I understand it is a Michelin 2-star and with quality comes at a price. Fortunately for me I was not paying for dinner but my guess is that for the multi-course tasting menu with wine you are probably looking at €250/person.

It wasn’t a cheap hotel but I think it was worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Okura for just two nights but this is a real Leading Hotel. Service is definitely the best (except maybe during the night, when the operator was not always quick to answer). Spacious rooms (I booked a Junior Suite). Room service is AAA. Breakfast is super, with a wide range of cold and hot meals. My only suggestion to the management is to change the courtesy line in the bathroom. A 5-star hotel like this needs a branded line, not some anonymous "verveine" products. And also.. the soap dispenser in the shower cubicle is definitely to avoid!
But, beside this, I can tell you that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. Definitely the one to choose to stay in Amsterdam. Very close to the centre (by tram, 10 min.).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank white_collar82
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My best friend and I stayed here at the end of June. We got an unbelievable rate as part of Jetsetter's mystery sale. Beautiful hotel all around. We stayed on the 10th floor in a corner room, with 2 large windows that overlooked the city. When you walked in it had a very luxurious feeling. Spacious room, area for luggage away from living space. Fixtures/decor are modern and updated. Everything was clean and crisp from the towels to the linens. Beds were comfortable. Didn't try any of the restaurants so can't comment on them.

The hotel is not in the city center but the public transportation system is awesome. There is a tram just in front of the hotel's outdoor parking lot. We felt like locals the way we were able to learn the city in such a short period of time.

The staff was very helpful in helping us make dinner reservations and getting tickets for venues. They even gave us complimentary umbrellas one evening when it appeared it might rain.

My friend did have one issue with room service, she ordered a salad without meat and it came up with bacon. The room service attendant who came to address the issue then picked the meat out of her salad with his bare hand and then said he would have them make another. When the second one returned it still had a small piece of meat in it, which made us think/know that they didn't make a new salad. When she informed the attendant of this he was actually somewhat rude in his reply. One of the dining managers did address this prior to checkout. They of course didn't charge us for the salad and seemed to be sincerely apologetic.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kiarra K
Reviewed September 5, 2012

just had a great week end !
upgraded to a junior suite room view over looking amsterdam canals was amazing
room lay out was spacious although for a suite there was only 1 bassin and no seperate toilet...
swimming pool was most welcome after a day strolling the city
japanese tapeniaki was really good
staff was friendly and helping
yes true, hotel is a bit away from city center but tram station is just near by and easy to use

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently stayed here for a conference, and was generally thrilled with the hotel. As always - chose a suite - since I routinely need to work from my room. I was upgraded to a deluxe junior suite which was amazing (and I've stayed all over th Europe and the US in everythign from hovels to 5 star presidential suites).

Huge main room - with a very large desk and windows on two sides - super fcomfy beds and a very trick software-based lighting and curtain control module set a great tone. A spacious washroom with all the amenities (less a bidet though) made for a pleasant stay. Super helplful staff ensured all went smoothly.

But still - there are spots they could do EVEN better...

1. NO steam iron! I have NO clue how people manage to press dress shirts properly with a basic hot flat piece of metal. SO frustating!

2. Coffee makers that shake the room. While this part of Amsterdam is very quiet - I was awoken sevreal times by the thumping drone of the in-room espresso makers from another room above. I'm not coffee drinker (!) so I can't even get an abstract pleasure from this racket. All these units need to be isolated wiht rubber mats or something.

3, PLumbing noise. Pipes that do long runs in the wall have to be anchored at certain intervals - else they can vibrate loudly at certain partial flow rates. This hotel has several pipes on or around the 6th floor that vibrate like mad every once in while.

4. Don't charge for the health centre or bike usage.

Lastly - I was VERY impressed by the FREE wifi provided. I need constant hi speed access while on the road - so this was a VERY welcome - esp at no charge - although that "might" have been a perk of the conference?

In any case - this was a super clean, spacious, well appointed and very comfortable hotel that I'd highly recommend.

Room Tip: YES - Corner suites are large and VERY sunny on the south east exposure - and overlook a wonderful canal. Perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business