Recently stayed here for a conference, and was generally thrilled with the hotel. As always - chose a suite - since I routinely need to work from my room. I was upgraded to a deluxe junior suite which was amazing (and I've stayed all over th Europe and the US in everythign from hovels to 5 star presidential suites).
Huge main room - with a very large desk and windows on two sides - super fcomfy beds and a very trick software-based lighting and curtain control module set a great tone. A spacious washroom with all the amenities (less a bidet though) made for a pleasant stay. Super helplful staff ensured all went smoothly.
But still - there are spots they could do EVEN better...
1. NO steam iron! I have NO clue how people manage to press dress shirts properly with a basic hot flat piece of metal. SO frustating!
2. Coffee makers that shake the room. While this part of Amsterdam is very quiet - I was awoken sevreal times by the thumping drone of the in-room espresso makers from another room above. I'm not coffee drinker (!) so I can't even get an abstract pleasure from this racket. All these units need to be isolated wiht rubber mats or something.
3, PLumbing noise. Pipes that do long runs in the wall have to be anchored at certain intervals - else they can vibrate loudly at certain partial flow rates. This hotel has several pipes on or around the 6th floor that vibrate like mad every once in while.
4. Don't charge for the health centre or bike usage.
Lastly - I was VERY impressed by the FREE wifi provided. I need constant hi speed access while on the road - so this was a VERY welcome - esp at no charge - although that "might" have been a perk of the conference?
In any case - this was a super clean, spacious, well appointed and very comfortable hotel that I'd highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Okura Amsterdam is one of the finest five-star luxury hotels of the Netherlands and part of the Japanese chain Okura Hotels & Resorts. With 300 comfortable rooms, including the largest (485m2) and most luxurious suite of the Benelux Countries, the hotel offers unrivalled high-class accommodation facilities. For wining and dining, you are spoilt for choice with four restaurants that have all been awarded by Michelin. Nagomi Spa & Health offers guests the opportunity to slip out of the daily routine and to take a moment of relaxation by means of a workout or treatment. Located alongside the Amstel Canal, in close proximity of the cultural heart of Amsterdam, Hotel Okura Amsterdam is one of the finest five-star luxury hotels that you will find in the Netherlands and exclusive member of ‘The Leading Hotels of the World’. The hotel is conveniently located in proximity of Schiphol International Airport as well as major tourist attractions.With 300 comfortable rooms, including the largest (485m2) and most luxurious suite of the Benelux Countries, the hotel offers unrivalled high-class accommodation facilities.For sport and leisure you can visit our Nagomi Spa & Health. Meaning ‘calm down’ in Japanese, ‘Nagomi’ offers an opportunity to slip out of the daily routine and take some moments just for you. An exclusive selection of facials, massages, manicure and pedicure and body treatments is offered. With these treatments dedicated to restoring balance to the mind and body, Nagomi Spa invites to linger just a little longer. In addition to a treatment at Nagomi Spa you can also enjoy the facilities of Nagomi Health (1000 sq.m.) which is located next to the spa. Nagomi Health is an oasis of tranquility where you can exercise and relax in total privacy. The gym is equipped with Technogym machines, combining cardio and weight trainings. Personal trainers give you personalised advice and supervise your exercising during a professional one-on-one workout. Nagomi Health also features various relaxation facilities, such as a Jacuzzi, saunas and a swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Okura Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okura Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Okura Hotel