Hotel Okura Amsterdam
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Victorie(Amsterdam)
Sir Albert Hotel(Amsterdam)
2,753 results
All reviewsciel bleuserre restaurantteppanyaki restaurantmichelin starred restaurantshealth clubpillow menuexecutive floorcorner roomturn down servicede pijpcity centretop floorfive star hoteljunior suitebeautiful hotelrooftop barbusiness trip
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Okura in early July 2012 with my elderly mother. We stayed midweek for two nights. We were given room 1124 which was a corner room with two large windows offering wonderful views of Amsterdam. The room was very spacious. It was furnished with twin beds, corner bedside tables (with good spotlight reading lamps), a large desk with chair and a round table with large upholstered chair. The large wardrobe was well placed out of the way of the main area of the room. In the wardrobe there was an iron and ironing table, umbrella, clothes brush, spare pillows, two bathrobes and matching slippers. There was a nespresso machine which could be used for hot water aswell. Various strength coffees and herbal teas were supplied.
I found that I did require my travel adaptor for the electric sockets.
In the bathroom there was walk in shower with choice of large overhead shower or a small movable shower spray and a bath also with a shower attachment. There was a hair dryer, scales and various complimentary toiletries. The sound from the 32 inch television could be heard via speakers in the bathroom.
Breakfast was included in the price of our stay. We found it more than adequate. There was a good choice of fresh fruit and juices, cereals, yoghurts, cold meats and cheeses, danish pastries/croissants/bread rolls/toast and a selection of hot food with eggs cooked to order.
Overall our stay at the hotel was simply wonderful. We wanted a quiet hotel away from the main tourist areas. We got that and we also got very good service. The staff were all very polite, attentive and helpful. We could not have wished for anything more.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I really wish that I could give this hotel a higher rating. Although it was a 5 star hotel we receive a 7 star service.

ALL the staff that we dealt with with polite and an asset to the Okura group.

It was my fiance's birthday and they surprise us with giving him a birthday card, with Sake & strawberries.

Can't wait to go back again in November and stay in room 2012!!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a high floor, the views are amazing
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This review i wrote few weeks ago didnt have time to put online:
Between june and july we have stayed in this hotel in 3 occassions and we back again this week today is our 3rd day here and i cant wait to check out on tuesday.
We were trying to sleep out when they called the room at 12 asking what time we will be checking out,while we have increase our stay yesterday and talked to the few of them about it and we thought they add that on their computer.Since we could not sleep any more decided to go out making space for housekeeping, we are back 3 hours later nothing is done,calling reception about it and they were like really? have you had do not disturb sign on? we stay 90 percent of our time in hotels so we know how things works.
We decided to go seat at the bar where we often seat and waiting for this housekeeping thing.
Then the older barkeeper who have seen us many time have served us also at the bar upstairs came up to us and telling my partner take the cap off, this cap he is been wearing often here and anywhere els and is never been the issue,saying that we are frequent guest at the hotels like Shangri-la mandarin Orient and i dont have to go on with the list,i can assure you our dress code is very normal.
2 weeks ago was another incidents we were here for more than 5 nights the first night i saw the tea service was empty with opened and used tea/sugar bags well i thought tomorow will be done,people can forget so i didnt make tea that night,the second day the situation was the same and i really want to have a cup of tea so i asked if they could bring the tea bags since they didnt clear up the mess and refil from the other guest,Later came a tall fat man with intimidating attitude at the door to bring te bags,i told him that i was sorry he has to bring it because hosekeeping didnt do it for 2 days already.
Then the other day found the same thing and the same man was at the door brought the tea bags and he was again upset,actually we stay a lot at the lobby and nice terrace here but sometimes you just want to have a tea at your room and according to them they have this machine that you can make tea and coffee so why just not do the refil before other guest check in.
My advice if you often visit amsterdam and like quality place then i will advice Amstel hotel,The grand Amsterdam,we stay in this hotels often and we never have any problems.
I have to say we like this Japanese restaurant here we often try to come eat here even if we dont stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have beautiful view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy704
Hotel_OkuraAmsterdam, Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear we did not meet your expectations. Could you please send us your contact details via feedback@okura.nl? We would like to get in touch with you.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I changed from another hotel in Amsterdam to Hotel Okura and was simply impressed with everything. For business travelers, this is the perfect hotel. The wifi connection is excellent (ibahn) and furthermore, they have setup roaming access for customers of hotspot providers like "Boingo". I am getting 18 mbps down and 5 mbps up from my wifi connection which is the best I've ever seen. All of my devices are connected and the wifi is FREE!

The rooms are extremely comfortable and well organized. The bathrooms are very nice and look recently renovated and modern. The lights in the room are really cool once you figure out there is a delay. The TV is the largest I've had in the last 41 days of traveling across Europe (42 inch LCD?). Each member of the staff that I dealt with was polite and helpful. The location of the hotel is decent. It isn't near the city action but there is a metro about 500 meters away and the #25 train to central will take you to downtown in about 15-20 minutes for 2.8 euros.

One thing to keep in mind is that this is a true 5* hotel and the prices for everything reflect that premium. The mini-bar, laundry service, and room service are all quite expensive. For example, a bottle of water from the minibar is 6 euros, 10 euros to laundry a shirt, (8 for t-shirt), a simple cheeseburger 30 euros (with the included 6 euro service charge). This is to be expected from a hotel of this quality, so I am not saying it negatively. I have no complaints about this hotel but want to be thorough in my review for everyone else.

Room Tip: Ask them for one of the recently renovated rooms. When I checked in, they told me that my room was one of them and my room was really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rampage76
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Conveniently located a little away from city centre. Had a room on 10th floor overlooking the canal and city. Great views. We loved the food at the French and Japanese Restaurants. Very good food. Nepresso machine in the room. Comfortable bed, good space. Free wifi. Pool and gym facilities not included in our price. Will definitely revisit if in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Choose room on upper floors with views of canal.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple