Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West
citizenM Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$145
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel The Exchange(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$211
$179
Agoda.com
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$120
$100
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$224
$144
  • Pool
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$140
$123
Volkshotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$114
$101
Agoda.com
1,148 results
All reviewsclose to the airportfree shuttlebus stopprivilege roomhotel shuttlecity centrenice hoteleuros per personbreakfast buffetshort staynice roompublic transportstopovergvbluggageamsproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2013

An older plain hotel that's very conveniently located, with very nice staff at the front desk. Rooms are adequate. Elevators inconvenient and small - take the stairs! Free parking, good internet and a gas station outside for that late night craving. Not so great looking from the outside.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Arrived for 1night, as chosen as near the main roads to go to Amsterdam and Keukenhoff.Had three suites booked for our group.visually from the outside not the best looking hotel, and quite old, driving into this is through the side of a petrol (BP) station, slightly bizarre but handy for filling up the cars! There was no help to get our luggage off, and when you drive the car infront of the entrance you block the exit for the car park,Staff were courteous ,and checking in was quick, location is quiet and a nice lake pond next to it, corridors are long white brick walls with carpets, and not well lighted. Our rooms were large,and again they are dated, Bathroom are not impressive and cold With basic utensils( no dryer)We had come at avery cold weekend and the heating system is odd, and a testament to its dated features. There is a air system for only cold air, and if you want heating you have turn the radiator on...after searching behind the curtains....beds and sheeting we're good...mini bar had very little,with water only. Restaurant was good and we got our food quickly and was tasty for a lunch meal , there are limited vegetarian options for one of our membersas even the pea soup had pork in it)....breakfast was good with various cooked and not cooked options and kids enjoyed the meal as well.....no hot chocolate though and would need to order this, breakfast isaround 21 euro each !When we had left we had to pay a 5 euro per person tax on checkout which is odd.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MercureAir, Duty Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your experience. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay and our food and beverages.
The radiator is indeed a little hidden behind the curtains, but that is the normal way in the Netherlands. It can take a while till it's warm, but it sure warms up your room.
The citytax you had to pay by check-out, is a regulation of Amsterdam. In Amsterdam every guest in every hotel has to pay citytax, which is an amount of 5% of your roomrate.
Me and my team hope to welcome to you again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor as I was looking for an airport hotel for one night for a group of 17. We had a morning flight home and I wanted to stay at the airport for convenience. This was not an inexpensive hotel but it felt like it. It had long corridors that were a bit creepy to walk through, strange typography room number graphics. The rooms were large, and the bathroom was OK. The hotel was also a good 10-minute ride from the airport. I had though it was much closer. Next time I do this, I will stay at a hotel property right at the airport.

We booked here because they offered a free shuttle service. But, their one van can only hold 8 people. They told us half the group would need to wait at the airport until the driver made the roundtrip. Fortunately the van driver on duty the night we came in took 9 people on one trip and 8 on another. The following morning van driver on duty (not the same one) was not so flexible and refused to take more than 8. That left my colleague to take a cab to the airport and pay for it. Not ideal to say the least.

One surprise was the food. As my colleague and I had not had dinner before we arrived at the hotel at 8:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, we ate at the restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel, which was surprising good, although pricey. Breakfast the next day was a very large buffet with many different types of foods, hot in serving dishes, cereals, fruit, yogurt (what i eat), pastries, breads, etc. A very good breakfast buffet, highly recommend if you stay here. I'm fairly sure we paid to have this included in our room rate, but if it is offered in your room rate, it is a very good breakfast.

Room Tip: it looks like all the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MercureAir, Duty Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments about your experience in our hotel. It is indeed right we have a shuttlebus only for 8 persons. Luckily for you and your group that the bus driver allowed 9 persons on your way to the hotel.
Thank you for your positive feedback about the dinner and breakfast. I will definetely tell this to my team.
I hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked via the negotiator. I arrived off my flight at 5:55a and found the shuttle area outside of AMS. The paper said the shuttle should arrive at 6:15a. The shuttle didn't arrive until 6:45. When I arrived, I was able to check in early and quickly. My needs during my stay were met and exceeded my expectations. I was loaned a power adapter for a 10eu deposit. The room that was labeled a double twin... was a double twin but they were pushed together. I didn't mind, but with someone who wanted two seperated beds might care.

I only had two small complaints:
1) The breakfast buffet wasn't included and I wasn't informed of the cost prior to enjoying it. 25US/21eu. I thought when I signed in with the lady at the buffet that they were just making sure that only guests were enjoying it and not people shuttling from the airport for a free meal. But upon checking out I was informed of the charge. Not cool.

2) The airport shuttle -- I wish it was more frequent. The schedule is once an hour -- once from and once to.

Would I return? Absolutely. Other than those two prior gripes, the rest of the stay was great. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank starblazr
MercureAir, Duty Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your experience in our hotel. I am sorry for the inconvenience that the information about the prices for the breakfast was not given to you in advance. Thank you for sharing this, so we can work on this from now on.
I am happy to see that you would return. Therefore I would like to say, I hope to welcome you soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Ecoutez la traduction
Nevertheless enough far from the city center, a shuttle between the hotel with the airport and a bus brings you to Leidseplein. Simple, but attractive and clean rooms with kettle and coffee, tea... without forgetting a magnificent bathroom

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank frederic w
MercureAir, Duty Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you were satisfied about our hotel and the room. We hope to see you soon again!