“Great but far from city center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City

Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City
Ranked #110 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Houston, Texas
“Great but far from city center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I already knew that this hotel was far from the city center but it was still on the water which was nice. The rooms were spacious and we even had a king size bed. The lobby has just been renovated and looks very nice! The staff was great too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank travelmiamor
RvanVliet, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we try to improve our services every day.

It is correct that we are located just in the outskirts of Amsterdam, but in retrospect the public transportation is fairly close by and in walking distance. Next to that we offer our guests the possibility to rent bicycles and even a Vespa scooter. This means of transportation allows you to see more of the city.

Recently we have introduced the boot trip to the city centre. The boat leaves every day at 10:00 and will dock at the Anne Frank house. A nice way to start your day in Amsterdam.

I hope to welcome you soon in our hotel again and again thank you!

With the kindest regards,

Robert van Vliet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reuver, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed here for one night during a business trip -14-04-2014 - 15-04-2014-.
The Mercury Hotel Amstel is a good hotel, rooms are nice and clean. No complaints about that. Service was done in a professional manner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel was very good in all aspects. My only complain is that when i reached the hotel on Sunday April 6th at 10.20 am i was told that i had to stay until 2pm to have the room, unless i paid extra Euro 30 to have a room rightaway. another colleague and many others were kept waiting in the lobby untilm 2pm! No other hotel has done this. I will not use this hotel again nor will my colleagues unless you are more attentive to clients who had flown for 10 hrs or more just to sit in your lobby with robotic reception staff. Unbelievable..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I have addressed your issues to our Front Office Manager who will take immediate action on this. Please accept my apologies for all the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay. You did not received the highest quality Mercure stands for.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We started our Trafalgar tour and ended the first night in this hotel. Rooms were clean and modern and the restaurant beneath boasted the same qualities. Being in Amsterdam, we even had a river cruise along the canals which ended by dropping us off a pier that was right next to the hotel. Window views were amazing and of the canals. The breakfast we had was the standard continental buffet and had a range of choices. Staff were friendly and we would definitely return here for our next visit to Amsterdam.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacky T

Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff was especially gracious from the moment we checked in and throughout our stay. The room was small, but comfortable. It takes some getting used to traveling in Europe when you are accustomed to American hotels. We enjoyed the breakfast. Got a great night sleep! Free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PGinNC
Dear Sir / Madam,

I was pleased to read that the room was up to your expectations.

As the General Manager of this hotel I am very proud of our breakfast buffet. It is in my believe that we serve one of the best breakfast buffet in Amsterdam. Especially due to the extended range of our breakfast products.

I can recommend you to have a look at our loyalty program Le Club Accorhotels at our website. We offer various deals to our loyal guests throughout the year.

I hope to welcome you soon in our hotel again and again thank you!

With the kindest regards,

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times now (for business), and I'm a happy returning customer!

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful, one of the reasons I keep coming back :).

Nicely decorated rooms with a lovely shower.

Restaurant serves good food, which is a nice plus too.

The ground floor just had an update, and I must say it is stylish. Nice job!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank merluza
Dear Sir / Madam,

Our renovation of the ground floor has been completed. We have introduced a new and unique welcoming concept and a new restaurant concept. I hope to welcome you again in our new restaurant: FLOORrestaurant lounge.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We visited Amsterdam last year during August and stayed in Mercure for 3 nights. The stay was very comfortable and the location of the hotel was ideal. The staff were very humble and professional. I would like visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family