“Good value hotel”

Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City
Ranked #104 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 7, 2012

OK hotel at the entrance of Amsterdam. Public transpotation to city centre not without long walk to tram/buss.
Small rooms, clean, top breakfast. Quit busy and limited elevator capacity (when both in use).
Specific: room was not ready upon arrival (2.00 pm) and one elevator (out of 2) was out of order.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert v, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

First off al I would like to thank you for your feedback. It enlightens me to hear from guests who enjoyed their stay with us. Every day we strive to go beyond the point of expectations of our guests. In your case I believe we succeeded.
`
I will share your comment to my staff who will be delighted to hear of your great experience. A nice alternative for walking around in the city is hiring a Vespa at our hotel. This means of transportations allows you to see more of the city.

Thank you again for staying at our hotel and we hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Robert van Vliet

Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Had a 3 night stay in this hotel and would go back again. The breakfast was inclusive in the price i paid and well worth it. Room 1724 top floor in the new tower is where you need to be, great views and very quiet.
Yes its 10mins from central station on the metro, but its worth it for the high quality. Pay through the teeth for staying in the centre, no thanks.

Room Tip: High up in the new tower over looking the city (1724)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bigfer

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to read your experiences where up to your expectations.

As the General Manager of this hotel I am very proud of our breakfast buffets. It is in my believe that we serve one of the best breakfast buffets in Amsterdam. Especially due to the extended range of our breakfast products and fresh orange juice.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Yep that's right, 22€ for a breakfast. The money I saved booking this hotel on a special was totally off-set.

Pro:
Nice clean rooms, fairly large
Gym available and opens at 6am
Quiet Area away from the tourist masses. Takes 25 minutes on tram 25 to get to Centralle Station (not bad) and 10 minutes on metro 51
Staff are friendly and polite.

Cons:
Definetly the price, especially the breakfast. Am so glad I did not find the mini bar.
A little bit of a trek from the centre. Both the tram and metro stop are a 10 min walk from the hotel. (tram 25 and metro 51)

This is a business and group centred hotel. If you are business park spotter, then this is ideal as the business park is across the road.

They do have a boutique hotel near the centre which is a lot more homely, but pricey too.

If you want to stay in Amsterdam would recommend a hotel between the museum district and Pressident Kennedy Laan (last stop of tram 25). The centre is seething with tourists so this region is ideal.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Garrick W
Robert v, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Your review helps us to improve our service towards our guests.

I was pleased to read that several aspects of your stay where up to your expectations. We recently renovated our fitness area and includes up-to-date fitness equipment. It is correct that we are located of in 10 minutes of walking distance to the public transportation. Next to that if you would like to easily access the city I can suggest renting a bicycle with us or a Vespa scooter.

Regarding the breakfast we serve an extended breakfast buffet with various cold cut meats and different kind of cheeses. Something of which I believe is an unique selling point is our freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh ground coffee. Our breakfast prices are in accordance with market prices.

I hope you will choose the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel again for your next visit to Amsterdam.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel was very good. The service exellent, but that I had to pay 22 euro's for parking was a disapointment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Frans S
Robert v, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is important to us in order to increase our service level.

I was pleased to read that your stay and our service level was up to your expectations. This will definitely motivate my staff.

We offer our guests a parking fee of €22.00 which is in line with other market prices.

I hope to welcome you again in the Mercure Hotel Amsterdam aan de Amstel for you next visit to Amsterdam.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fajepe_12

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Excellent value for money.
Just far enough out of the centre and only a taxi ride in.
Rooms are clean and decent food in the bar.
Good choice of food for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank andy69car

Dear Sir / Madam,

We are located just in the outskirt of Amsterdam and fairly close to public transportations. Next to that if you would like to easily access the city I can suggest renting a bicycle with us or a Vespa scooter.

Every day we strive to serve our guests even better. Your review will definitely motivate my staff. Next to that I was pleased to read about your positive experience about our rooms and your breakfast and diner experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Perfect hotel and with very reasonable price. Staff is helpful and friendly. Location is good, 10 min. to both tram and metro. Rooms are spacious and very clean. You will find everything you need for that price in this hotel. I won't look for elsewhere in Amsterdam. :)))

PS: Tram 25 takes you to city center in 15 min. Also Metro takes around 10 min.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with nice view :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeventIzmir

Dear Sir / Madam,

Every day we strive to serve our guests even better. Your review will definitely motivate my staff. Next to that I was pleased to read about your positive experience about our rooms.