“So FABULOUS!!!”

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #99 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed October 22, 2009

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed at the Golden Tulip in Amsterdam in mid September. This was our last stop on a 3 city European adventure. The Golden Tulip was AMAZING!!! The hotel was very modern with all of the hotel amenities that you find in the USA. They had king size beds, super clean and energy efficient rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The hotel is located on a perfect pedestrian mall with lots of shops and restaurants just steps away. If you go to Amsterdam, you should stay here!

2  Thank SunflowerSuitcase

Reviewed October 20, 2009

Clean comfortable rooms, bathroom was great, has a shower clothesline for those doing a bit of travel laundry. Easy walk from Amsterdam Central Station. Check in / out was easy and professional. Noticed other reviewers complained about the city tax, but this was spelled out in the booking terms for me through Hotels.nl. Wi-fi was free but quite slow (husband was trying to watch NFL football streaming online -no luck) perfectly adequate for email and web surfing though. Overall a pleasant place to stay, location is very convienent. A bit pricey, but in line with other European hotels with the same type of amenities. We did not purchase the breakfast, but in hindsight, it may be worth it if you like an early breakfast, nothing much open in walking distance in the morning (before 10).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aforma2
Reviewed October 5, 2009

If this hotel had been classified as a 3-star hotel (with related prices, of course) I would have been happy. Cracking location (I'm serious, really spot on), 3 minute walk from the train station, 1 min walk from the main shopping street, 7min walk from the red light district. Max 10min tram ride (2.6 euro for an hour!!! and they say London has the most expensive transport system??) to the main Museums area. What more would you want from a location? Ah yes, close to good restaurants... well you can tick that box too (10mins walk).
However, for the price paid for a double room (450 euro for 3 nights without breakfast and excludint he 5% city tax, and the exchange rate is not very favourable right now!), this hotel does not feel like a steal anymore. Room and bathroom, despite being clean, are cramped. If you think 4-star hotels you think of good spaces, huge fluffy towels, nice complimentary toiletries and good fitting throughout. Well, you won't find any of these here. Ladies, bring your own shampoo, conditioner and body lotion if you have sensitive skin - I had to go and buy some emergency ones in the shops after coming out of the shower with a dry wig instead of my usual hair. And if you normally need/want to blowdry your hair, don't be tempted to rely on the hotel's drier: it's an 800W one. Attached to the wall. Like in public swimming pools. (I rest my case).

However, as I said, the location is fantastic and yes, I would come back here ona another trip to Amsterdam, because it's really convenient. Personally, if I had been advised about the shortcomings of the room, I still would have booked it - I just felt cheated because I was expecting a 4-star hotel and I found a 3-star one with 4-star prices.

2  Thank VCUK
Reviewed October 3, 2009

avoid this one at all costs,worst hotel ive ever stayed in,staff are absolutely horrible horrible people,cleaning staff burst in on top of you even if you have the do not disturb sign up,they tried to fine me €150 three times in 7 days for smoking,im a non smoker,my card wouldnt work for the lift,infront of 8 people the said i was smoking in my room and the duty manager wanted to talk to me,i checked out of the room at 6am as i was rushing for a flight and they charged €250 for the mini bar,i brought my own goods,didnt go near the minibar!!!!! and they were non responsive when i complained,rooms are over-rated and over priced,i tried to check out after 3 days and they wouldnt let me,said id made my booking through another company and they would be charging me the full amout regardless unless i checked out through my booking company.please for the love of god stay away from this horrid horrid place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank gerrard008
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Excellent hotel, the staff is very friendly and nice. The staff at the lobby are knowledgeable and tell you all the directions. It takes only 5 minutes from Centraal Station and it is possible to drag your luggage to the hotel. It is also located 5 minutes from Dam Square and in the very heart of the shopping district. There is a Beer bar in the same lane that goes by the name Wild Man and it serves 200 different varieties of Beer including 18 on tap. Would definitely recommend this.

1  Thank malhotra007
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I've just arrived back from an excellent 4 day break in Amsterdam. I stayed at the Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre and was very pleased with the room and location. The rooms were spotless, a nice size and the bathrooms were lovely (great 'rain' shower!). The location was excellent, right in the hub of it all and only a 4/5 min walk from Central station so no need for expensive cabs. The service was excellent and very tentative. I would definitely stay there again and I think the hotel contributed to making my holiday fabulous. Couple of tips: Try to avoid buying water from the tourist areas, extremely expensive at 3 euros (basically £3!!) Go out a bit or shop at 'Ah to Go' for cheap water and eats. Also, don't buy a travel card if you like walking. You don't really need to use the trams at all. Do it by foot and really get to see the city properly. It's not that large and you can practically see it all in a day or two. Saying that, go for a few days to allow yourself some time to just sit and relax around many of the beautiful canals or just laze about in one of the parks. I highly recommend Amsterdam and this hotel for a short break holiday.

4  Thank pinksqb
Reviewed September 19, 2009

It's soulless, corporate, and expensive. The staff are rude and unhelpful. And whilst I was quoted 500 Euros for a three-night stay, the charge on my card was 700. Avoid. Like the plague.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Nicoloo
Merijn, Management representative at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2009

Dear Nicoloo,

thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel. We always strive to let our guests enjoy the best possible service, and are disappointed and sorry you did not experience it that way.

You mention you may have experienced fraudulent actions. I would like to ensure you that we always honour reservations as they have been confirmed, and would like to stress that fraude is something we as a company do not tolerate, and we therefore take your remarks very seriously.

I would like to cordially invite you to contact us so we can examine the accusation of fraud together with you. If it turns out we have made any mistakes, we will gladly correct them!

Looking forward to your reply,

Merijn Veken