“Superb location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Superb location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights, the location couldn't be better within walking distance to the sights and plenty of cafes, restaurants, shops and bars. The room was very spacious and comfortable, with a large and modern bathroom.
Staff was nice and helpful.
I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great looking decor inside. Rooms were good. Very clean and the beds were comfy. Located in the center not too far from the station or dam square. We didn't visit any of the restaurants outside but there are restaurants and fast food places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I arrived at the hotel, handed over my itinerary, and to my shock it was for the previous week. At this point the hotel had two options. Let me stay 3 nights that I had previously paid for, or charge me again. They chose to charge me again, at an even higher rate. I asked to speak to the manager. The duty manager offered me 'free breakfast' or '10%' off. I declined and they said the hotel manager would call me that day. They did not. They avoided me for the rest of the trip and then charged my credit card the full amount for another three night stay.
This is the first time in 16 years of business travel all over the world that this has happened. I have since contacted the hotel's customer service to see if I can get back some of the 1,000 euro they charged me for a 3 night stay. They once again blamed me for an honest mistake and have kept the 1,000 euro. If I charged my customers for something they did not receive, for an honest mistake, I would have no customers.
I am truly appalled by this hotel, and the attitude of their management team.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. There are plenty of similar hotels, that are more affordable, on that street alone...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Simon J
Rob C, Front Office Manager at Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hotel management contacted Mr. Sijavy and have handled his complained.

Rob Clerc
Front Office Manager
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here two nights in June. We got here from through Thalys train. From Centraal Station, it's only 6 minutes walking, unless you're lost like us trying to figure out the street. As turned out, the direction is so easy to find. Anyhow, the check-in service was stupendous with friendly front desk staff. Once you got your card key, you activate the elevator by inserting it into the up-down slot. We were on the fourth floor.

The room was clean and modern. It's almost typical American with a coffee maker, which we do not find it in Paris. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was sparkled. Everything was modern and comfortable. We found that they had set up a birthday celebration for me with a cake and champagne with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. A relative evidently called and let them know ahead of time. Unlike Paris, they have a huge safe, big enough for my iPad. Amazing WiFi by the way!

The location is the best, right in the Centruum. The tram is front of the hotel. We got the Holland Pass along with a two-day tram/bus pass. Overall, it was the best stay we have had experienced. It was refreshing to see friendly people again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights. The location was great and was able to walk many places and very close walk to the Central Station. The room was small but comfortable, I expect smaller rooms in Europe. Room was clean and had a small safe (note - not big enough for a laptop). Good Wifi worked with no problem. Had a small incident where I was given a room someone was already in. The manager dealt with it immediately and got me into a new room. Note - that it seems some rooms are in a different building and require you to take an elevator then get off walk to another elevator then to your room. It was a little noisy on the street in front of the hotel but, not to the point that was bothersome (to me anyway). On the plus side, you had to use your room key to access the elevator and appreciated this extra level of security. I would stay here again on a future visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building then you don't have to take 2 different elevators to get to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in June 2013 during out trip through Europe. It was very convenient and easy to get to from the train station, a short cab ride away. Check in was fairly painless and the desk clerk was humorous and very friendly. It was nearby plenty of restaurants within walking distance for a nice late dinner. The hotel was an easy walk to the Ann Frank house as well as the red light district and some of the canal cruise stopping points. We didn't spend a ton of time in the room, but it was definitely a great location and comfortable for our short two night stay in Amsterdam. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple