This hotel was easy to find and so close to everything I wanted to see.
I chose this hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor and location.
I stayed here with my husband and another couple.
The staff were very friendly. Check in was a breeze and we were given information about the area.
I like how there were apples to take at the reception desk. great snack on the go.
Our rooms were on the 3nd floor right next to other couple's room. This was great for planning our next adventure of the day. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights and the other couple stayed for 3.
I'm going to share the other couple's review of the hotel since i have it written in my travel journal:
"The hotel looked pretty fancy from the outside and I was surprised to find the inside fancy as well. The front desk people were nice and friendly. I liked the fact that there were 2 computers in the lobby that you can use for free for 30 minutes. to get to our room, we had to go to the 2nd floor and then walk to the other attachment of the building then go to the 3rd floor. our room was really nice. 2 beds were pushed together. the washrooms were nicer than i expected. I liked the fact there was a safe. a minibar was also available and a few snacks."
I was impressed with the size of the room. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a huge closet for clothes and a nice sitting area. There was plenty of room for luggage.
I loved the bath tub. I took a lovely bubble bath one of the evenings. It was so relaxing.
The bathroom was a good size. I like the travel size samples that the hotel provides.
The snacks included in the minibar were Stroopwafels. The brand they had was Daelmans Mini Stroopwafels. I ended up buying them at a shop nearby with the intention to bring it back as a souvenir but I ended up eating them. They are delicious!! too bad they dont sell them in Canada, so I suggest you get your fill of them while in Amsterdam.
A lot of people complain about the images of the people in their rooms and scattered around the hotel, but I had a lot of fun with them. We would try to guess what the situation was and what these people would say or think.
We didn't try the breakfast because of the price, I highly suggest you have your breakfast at the Pannenkoekenhuis Upstairs. OMG I will never look at pancakes the same way ever.
It was the best pancakes I've ever had in my life. I crave these pancakes and wish I could get something like this in Toronto.
Upon checkout, we had to pay additional taxes. We paid in cash and were given a receipt.
I would definitely stay here again. I miss Amsterdam.
While I was standing outside waiting for the rain to stop, a gentleman came out of the hotel telling me how happy he was that he was able to get a room at such a good rate. He said usually this place charges an arm and a leg.
I paid CAD$147.43
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting Amsterdam is a true experience. Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre is the ideal starting point for exploring the city. Located in the heart of Amsterdam at a traffic-free square between Central Station and the Dam, the hotel is within walking distance to the canals and all city highlights. Our 4 star hotel featuring stylish rooms and suites, provides free WiFi internet throughout the premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Hotel Amsterdam
- Golden Tulip Amsterdam Centre
- Amsterdam Golden Tulip
- Hotel Tulip Amsterdam