“ok, if you like super touristy area.”

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #100 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding. The positives: close to the train station, excellent buffet breakfast.

The staff were not super helpful. Asking directions (um, a left, a right, down an alley and I don't remember the name but you can buy magazines there). Not so great. The night of the wedding it was pouring and we asked for a cab. They said it was a 5 minute walk and didn't want to call one. I love to walk, but not wearing a silk dress and heels in the rain. They did the same thing to the mother of the bride.

Beds weren't super comfortable (2 flat twin mattresses pushed together, maybe this is a European thing?). There are weird stock art black and white photos above the bed that made me feel like I was in a corporate brochure for a 401k plan. I think they were going for modern but it was a little creepy.

It was loud at night, I think our room faced an alley. This is the Times Square of Amsterdam. If you like that sort of thing, it's good.

They don't have a gym but there is one next door and you can charge a visit to your room. That was great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I arrived at the hotel at 1.30pm and was advised "we don't have to give you a room until 3pm". They left me sat in the lobby for an hour until I finally found someone to give me a room. I was served b a girl called Tamsa who ad a very surly attitude.

Alhouh given a lower grade room than I booked I settled in. What then followed was a banging of doors from 8pm until 2am so not great if you want to sleep.

Oher than this te location was great and breakfast very nice - just a same the check in staff had such a poor attitude. The next day t check out staff were really ice so perhaps a blip ut left a ad tase.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Dubaiexpattraveller
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The hotel is great and in a good location, its quite mordern and clean which is what you want....the city well I don't quite care so much for the 'offers'..the canal cruise (13 euro) is commercialised,.....u can walk the city in two hrs so think abt that ........I was there 1.5 days and it wasn't special...but good for stopover

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The rooms was very clean and comfortable. Staff were always friendly and helpful.
The location is absolutely superb, if you don't want to walk, there is a bicycle hire shop 2 doors down, the train station is 3 minutes away, the same as the canal boat stop.
I would recommend this hotel, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This Hotel is 5 mins walk from central station and all the hussle and bussle of Amsterdam.

I Traveled with a friend who is in a wheelchair, when we book we asked for an assessable room but when we arrived we found out that the hotel does not have one!! This is were I could fault it, they up graded our room to buissness, provided a chair so my friend could sit to shower, But that's not all we were both sat in our room having a coffee when there was a knock at the door we both looked at each other with rised eyebrows. I opened the door and there stood the hotel manager, he presented me with a bottle shaped box of celebrations which were beautifully gift wrapped apologising further.

Our room was very big with plenty of room to manoeuvre the wheelchair as was the bathroom. Very clean tidy and modern. There was one thing I didn't particular like was when you entered the lift it seemed as if people were already in there but it was big canvas prints of random people/faces there were also looking at me in the corridors and even when I was in bed, I felt like I had to make a mad dash from the bathroom and into bed and hide under the covers lol, they did make me jump sometimes!!

Breakfast was a little on the pricey side at €15, but it was very nice lots of choice from cereal to cooked to continental. Fresh juices you could even squeeze your own and as much coffee or tea you could drink. I was a little cheeky and took two croissants back to the room for my friend this was not a problem.

So overall this hotel was fantastic, close enough to everything about Amsterdam.

I would like to add if you love a good coffee turn left out of the hotel and on the corner is a small place called coffee connection. Dave is the owner he makes lovely coffees and takes time to talk to you.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Good choice just 5 minutes from the station. The Reception staff were very helpful, the room was spotless, the bed comfortable and bathroom clean. Plenty of choice for breakfast. Four of us stayed and couldnt fault the hotel or Amsterdam, a brilliant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in 2010 when the hotel was still the Golden Tulip. We arrived in Amsterdam on the train from Schipol airport, and the hotel was a quick 10 minute walk from the station. The room was nice and the hotel itself was very adequate. The hotel is also well situated for walking to all the major attractions in Amsterdam. Good value, nice hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple