“good choice”

Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #99 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Good choice just 5 minutes from the station. The Reception staff were very helpful, the room was spotless, the bed comfortable and bathroom clean. Plenty of choice for breakfast. Four of us stayed and couldnt fault the hotel or Amsterdam, a brilliant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here in 2010 when the hotel was still the Golden Tulip. We arrived in Amsterdam on the train from Schipol airport, and the hotel was a quick 10 minute walk from the station. The room was nice and the hotel itself was very adequate. The hotel is also well situated for walking to all the major attractions in Amsterdam. Good value, nice hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oschmidt28
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Great location, walking distance from dam square, central station and easy access to the tram lines. Very helpful and accommodating staff. Great experience! would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank TraversingTrini
Reviewed July 8, 2011

The location is absolutely terrific. Spot on in the center of Amsterdam.

The room, however, was really disappointing. I came the with my girlfriend and upgraded to the "Executive Room" with the "Tropical Rain Shower".

It turns out that "Executive Room" means you have a big chair instead of a little chair next to the table and the tropical rain shower is nothing but a slightly larger shower head, which was immensely uncomfortable to use since I'm 6"3, and the shower head is about 6"1...

The entrance to the room is very small and you need to put your weight onto the door in order for it to open.

I paid an extra 60 Euro per-night (!!!) for this room. Now that I know what it feels like I wouldn't chosen another room. Possibly another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra to upgrade to the Executive Room. It's just not worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amihaic
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I traveled to Amsterdam with my sister and we stayed at the Inntel. The hotel is situated on a small street just off Nieuvezijde Voorburgwal. We stayed in their Deluxe Twin Bedroom and it was very clean and pleasant. It was just the right size for us and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms did not have any views, but it didn't matter to us as we were usually out and about. We were also far enough away from the main street that we couldn't hear the traffic noise or the people outside the cafes. You can open the room windows to get fresh air. The staff at the front desk were courteous and helpful. When I return to Amsterdam, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allie-SF
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I had a great stay at the Inntel Amsterdam Centre. I can't imagine a hotel with a better location to experience Amsterdam than this one. 10 minute walk from the train station, 2 minutes to the tram, and 3 or so blocks from the red light district. An open cafe square is just outside the hotel.

Staff is very friendly, bed and pillows are confortable. The staff helped me out with all my questions. Very nice.

Rooms are a tad on the small side, but they are really nice, so it isn't a problem.

The one warning I'll give is that the in-room safe is tall and shallow. No problem fitting my iPad into the safe, but I doubt I could fit a laptop into it.

A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Amsterdam was the last stop of our 6 week European trip. We had stayed in many cute and charming hotels and B&B's, but by the end of our trip we were very happy to stay in this quite modern hotel with its quirky decorating and large photos of miscellaneous people around the walls. We tend to get a bit tired of 'character' hotels by the end of a long trip and loved the modern feel of our bedroom and bathroom. We'd probably rate it a solid 3.5 star hotel. Not sure what it's official rating is, if it is in fact rated.

The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient and the check in/check out process was fast and straight forward. There is a computer for free internet use near the foyer.

Our room was very comfortable and quiet despite the handy, buzzing location. There was a full range of toiletries in the bathroom, or should have been - some of the boxes containing shower cap, nail file etc were in fact empty, so maybe a tiny bit more attention to detail wouldn't have gone astray. Having said that though, the room was clean, fresh and well maintained. The hotel looks as if it was recently renovated.

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the station and walking distance to most parts of the city centre. There are plenty of places to eat and drink all around the hotel. Amsterdam is a real buzz and we had a great time. A couple of doors from the hotel is a little cafe specialising in great coffee. The owner, a very charming barista, is passionate about coffee and we had the best coffee of our 6 week trip at his place. Sad that we found him on the morning we were leaving. Not sure of the cafe's name but looking at the front of the hotel it is to the right hand side about 100 metres up the street, on the corner of the main road. Do yourself a favour if you love good espresso.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple