1,040 results
All reviewsdam squaregreat locationsuperior roomcentral locationred light districtfirst floortrain stationrooms are smalldamrakeuropedutchtwinminibarwardrobe
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

In general and cI though was the drilling noise ( I guess from construction that is hapoening on site) at 9 AM. This went on for at least half an hour.
Cocierge staff were helpful and bed was comfortable. My room also got a lot of noise from other guests, cleaners and I could even someone coughing in another room.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Hotelamsterdam93, General Manager at Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, renovation works are going on and during the previous weeks we have had the worst part over and done with, which unfortunately seems to have taken place during your stay, which we regret. We do indeed have strict agreements with the construction company and they are only allowed to carry out their work during office hours, to minimize any inconvenience as much as possible.
We would love to welcome you back after the renovations for a renewed experience in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

In short a very good hotel... rooms are new, nice and clean. The staff is very helpful,polite and warm. We had the most amazing stay. The hotel is very well located on the Dam Square, tram station is just in front of the hotel and all good shopping place are within 5-10 minutes walk.
Hotel is currently some construction next to it but unless you are late sleeper you will not be bothered, work is scheduled from 09:00 am till 6:00pm.
Definitely one of my favorite hotels...

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you for your good review. We are very happy that your stay was amazing and good to hear that our efforts to minimize noise disturbance have paid off and made your stay such an enjoyable one! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Amsterdam.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2017

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a three-day stay in Amsterdam. It is a reasonable walk from the train station, and there are many excellent dining and shopping venues nearby. We've stayed in Amsterdam before, and we loved this property and its close proximity to everything we desired to do. The hotel staff and restaurant were also top-notch. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2017

Rooms are very small , they are also remodeling at this time so the main entrance is closed and the side entrance looks like the lobby of an hostel , the sink is right in the room and is good for dolls but not for humans as well as the bathroom itself , no gym , no restaurant , and.... rude staff. One night we went out and after 5 minutes I realized I forgot something in the room , I went back and by the time I got back they were cleaning the floor , the guy gave that look like I killed somebody my partner in the mean time was waiting in the lobby in the area that was dry already next to the coffe station , when I got back to the lobby I waited for him to finish his coffe but someone very rudely told us to get the coffee and leave, since it was already 10 pm , the employee at the front desk did not say anything and not even apologize for the way that person talked to us. I have been in several other 4 star hotels and never been treated like this. By the way there is construction noise and one day we woke up with a pungent smell of some chemical solvent they were using.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2017

This hotel has a great location right by the Dam Square and National Monument of Amsterdam. During my visit the restaurant was under construction so I'm not sure if the lobby I entered in is the normal one or temporary. The lobby was rather simple and somewhat worried me about the quality of the hotel when I first walked in. But once I got through to the area of the hotel where my room was located it was much nicer. A key was required to use the elevator or to go to the area of hotel where rooms were located for added security. My room was spacious and had lots of windows that could be opened for fresh air. The bed was comfortable and the room overall was very clean. The bathroom was nice and had the amenities you need like shampoo, hairdryer, etc. The one item that was not included but I wish was provided was conditioner. The hotel even left a note and a tin of Dutch cookies to welcome me in my room.

Stayed: May 2017