$194
$228
$193
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Hotel Sebastian's(Amsterdam)
$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

NH City Centre Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
$178
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$267
$242
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $405/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$226
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $327/night.

$481
$348
$155
$144
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$210
$200
Kimpton
$172
$162
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

1,033 results
All reviewsdam squaregreat locationsuperior roomcentral locationred light districtfirst floortrain stationrooms are smalldamrakeuropedutchtwinminibarwardrobe
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Visited on Weekend of 27th July 2012 me and Mate, booked through Travel Republic shortly before going as already booked flights from Southend which was good as well,, Got Train straight from Airport that went straight to Central Amsterdam with couple of stops along the way. Once out of the front of the train station Hotel is straight across road slightly to the left, very good position with all the sights in close walking distance. Mcdonalds, Subway, KFC, and BurgerKing all close. Did not eat in Hotel as bit Expensive but looked good. Room on the small side but so are all hotels in Amsterdam, Staff very Helpful. What more could you want for short weekend at Price Paid. Brill and if we do return will definately go for this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request Overlooking Street for Better View
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank DONNA65
De_Roode_Leeuw, General Manager at Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Yes, indeed, our hotel is very well situated so close to the Central Station and main attractions. We were sorry to learn that you found the restaurant a bit expensive and that therefor you did not try our Dutch specialties. We look forward to welcoming you again

Yours sincerely
Rene R.F. Wildeman
General manager

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Last weekend been to Amsterdam for Gay Parade. Had a fantastic time at Roode Leeuw.Food was perfect and service good, as we may expect! We are happy we found you're place. Keep up the good work! lots of greetz from France

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger M

We were happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. The Gay Parade is always a fantastic event and our hotel is just minutes away from the canals where the parade is passing. Actually we are sponsor of a boat ourselves also.
We hope to see you again next year
Rene R.F. Wildeman

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel pretends to be many things that it is not, and can do so by virtue of its central location. I stayed here for 7 nights in July and had a multitude of unpleasant experiences: hair in the 'fresh' towels, a front desk person snatching a personal electronic device of our hands because we asked about a WiFi connection code, a daily breakfast at the outrageous cost of 15 euros that included nothing that would ever let you get your money's worth, and perhaps my favourite part, being sent out of the hotel for entering with some flemish (french) fries. In a hotel with rules that do not allow guests overnight, but allow escorts, it was a bit strange for me to have the hand of the porter thrown into my face and sent out for holding some flemish fries -- not asked to finish them outside, not with a please or thank you -- but told I was forbidden to enter and sent out. With the exception of one incredibly kind young lady at the front desk, we were universally treated rudely. It took nearly 15 minutes to process our check-out and we were the only ones at the desk. Finally, we checked-out before the restaurant opened that included the breakfast we pre-paid, so we were given doggie bags --- rather than not being charged -- that included sandwiches with cheese that had hardened completely in the fridge overnight and...a Mars bar. Also, I would contest claims to quietness inside the hotel -- any noise made in the hallway is perfectly audible in the room and the doors slam quite loudly. Location is prime, but experience is absolutely not elegant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mattmarx
De_Roode_Leeuw, General Manager at Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

It is with regret that I learned that we could not meet your expectations and I sincerely apologize for that. We do not pretend anythihg but our goal is to make the stay of our guests a most pleasant one. As you can learn from nearly all other reviews, our staff gets many compliments for their helpfulness and friendliness. Our property strictly applies the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) rules and therefor do not allow guests to bring food from outside. This is not a rule to enoy our guests but is necessary for hygienic and pest control reasons. Besides, especially french fries give a smell that a hotel does not wants to have in its corridors and rooms. We are sorry that the employee did not tell you this with more tact. No guest is obliged to take breakfast in our restauant but the cost of € 15.-- is the lowest of all hotels in our category, where most hotels charge more than € 20.-- and the choice we offer justifies that price.
I regret that you have not complained directly to me during your stay as I have always an open ear for our guests.
Yours sincerely
René Wildeman, General Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed here in July with my boyfriend for 6 nights. This was our second time in Amsterdam, and we had an amazing time. We had amazing weather with sunshine galore nearly the whole week.
From the time we arrived, the hotel staff were extremely helpful, not only when asked to do something, but just in general eg. Offering tips of things to do and see and other helpful advice.
The location was amazing. You really cannot beat it walking distance to nearly everywhere as well as a nearby stop for almost every tram line. I have stayed at a location a bit further outside the city centre to, which was cheaper, but not worth it at all. I enjoyed my time in Amsterdam so much more this visit because of the location and proximity to everything.
My room was clean and modern, it was small, but it was big enough for our needs. The beds were comfortable. The only thing that was an issue was that we had twin beds rather than a double, when I was pretty sure I booked a double, but this is pretty standard in Europe, I have come across it often.
I didn't think that the hotel was expensive especially when you look at prices of hotels in a similar location. Amsterdam accommodation is fairly expensive across the board and I also looked
at the cost of private rooms in hostels and this hotel was more expensive, but comparable! I don't think this hotel was to the same standard as 4 star hotels in Australia, but then again, it didn't come with the same price tag either.
I did not have breakfast included, but to be honest I'm not sure there were many days I was up before 10am, especially given we were walking distance to so many great bars and coffee shops!
I would definitely recommend this hotel, great location and value for money in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Brazil_Nut_16
De_Roode_Leeuw, General Manager at Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

During so many days and nights in our city, you really had the time to explore it. Fortunately you liked our hotel and could also take profit of our location. We aplogize that yopu received a twin instead of a double bed. I am sure that our Front-Office staff could have moved you to a double the next day but you have probably not requested it.
We hope that we can accommodate you again in the near future
Rene Wildeman, General Manager

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have recently returned from a weekend in Amsterdam and stayed at the Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw. We were very happy with the hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful. Our room was looking a bit tired but understand that the bedrooms are in the process of being upgraded. Having said that our bathroom was very modern and large. The hotel is right in the centre and very near the railway station. Hotel to be recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We were pleased top learn that you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as your stay with us. Yes, 2 floors have still to be refurbished but we are working hard to make it possible to start at the end of the year so that the hotel has been fully refurbised by March 2013.
We hope that you will be back to admire the result

Rene Wildeman, General Manager