“Nice modern, contemporary hotel in quaint neighborhood.”

Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
Ranked #81 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was a beautiful, modern, contemporary style hotel in the middle of a quaint neighborhood. The hotel is clean and modern, and has a great location. You're close to the Central station. We walked easily to all sights in Amsterdam. If you have Marriott status, you'll enjoy the nicely stocked club lounge.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel many times. There's always a warm welcome, the rooms are always clean and of a high standard. I also like the location, near to the hustle and bustle but in a nice quiet street. It's also close to the railway station making for a stress free arrival. There is a little burger bar which does excellent lunches, and the main restaurant is great fir evening meals. I am biased, but that's because I've never had a bad experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. The location is already quiet but a high floor guarantees total silence.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FHR123
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Excellent location in a quiet street very near to Centraal Station. I stayed one night and this was a perfect location. Clean modern rooms, close to main attractions and transport. Felt very safe and would definately choose this hotel for a return visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JCVan
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is a very short walk to Central station and many other attractions in Amsterdam city. The hotel is clean and the rooms are adequately sized or European standards. I just wish the front desk staff had put in a little more effort into making may stay more comfortable when they couldn't accommodate my early check-in request. They don't have free wifi and three hours into my wait for my room I found out there was free coffee and a complimentary wifi card they could have offered me. Most of the time when hotels realize you've been on a long flight (10 hrs plus in my case) they try to accommodate your request for an early check in or provide you with some little comforts while you wait. Even when I asked the front desk person where to wait she gave my this blank look before pointing to the main. Again, I later found out there was a more private part I could have waited.

I just want the hotel to know that there's more to the hotel industry than clean rooms, customers, especially new ones have to feel welcome and well cared for. They were polite but missed the boat on being hospitable. I have not decided yet if I'll be going back or not.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last Spring and based on that good experience, we chose it again for a week long visit here with family during September. We liked the location close to Centraal Station and were so satisfied with the hotel that when we found ourselves able to extend our vacation, we chose to stay here two more days. Our room was in the section called the Annex, which called for a bit of a walk from the elevator but we were very happy with it. We were away from the street noise and the room was large, comfortable and well equipped. The staff was friendly and helpful with everything from tram tickets, directions to sights and suggestions for shopping, to just plain visiting with us when time allowed. We were able to use the Club lounge and found the staff there to be just as helpful and friendly. We plan future trips to Amsterdam for those family visits and will always hope that there will be a room available at the Renaissance for us. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Renaissance Marriott after our Celebrity cruise of the Baltic. The staff was so very helpful and pleasant. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The two restaurants were very good and you always felt welcome. The staff was so nice and helpful they helped make the stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good location to ride canal boats, and to catch a tram. Both of those are right in front of Centraal Station which is about 2-3 blocks. We took Connexxion shuttle from airport to hotel which was reasonably priced. Room was fairly small but ok for one night. It faced the street and was a bit noisy in the wee hours of the morning. I could hear people talking on the sidewalk. Concierge lounge was large and well-stocked with a friendly staff. Computer connection there was fast. We would definitely stay there again because of location. Front desk staff was friendly and we were able to get our room before noon which was helpful after a sleepless overnight transatlantic flight.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple