“GREAT HOTEL!”

Ranked #78 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Ontario
“GREAT HOTEL!”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Fabulous stay ..highly recommended. The hotel is wonderful as is the staff. We stayed in a suite with 2 children and had plenty of room. The executive club was excellent! The Marriott Amsterdam is close to many attractions such as the boat cruise, Anne Frank museum and within walking distance to many other landmarks.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RPL_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed September 1, 2011

12 of my friends & I stayed here in April 2011 for a bachelor party trip. This is an average nice hotel with clean rooms and good location. It is located within the Leidesplain district (leidesplain & rembrant are the main tourist locations for partying).
It is a short tram (streetcar) ride from dam square and central station. Purchase a multi-day pass for the street cars at the central station...it will help you get around town. Overall the city is beautiful and small. At night we would walk around most of town from our hotel.
Make sure you double check your reservations before arriving, they had ours mixed up.
It was a fun trip and I would recommend this hotel to any group of young guys traveling.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
AMSNTDOR, Dir. of Room Operations at Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay with us online. We are very pleased you enjoy our city centre location with easy access to the city highlights and that you would recommend it to young travelers. Please accept our apology for the mix up in your reservation and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,
Niten Sobti l Director of Room Operations
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Amsterdam Marriott for 3 nights. It is not a new hotel but has been wonderfully remodelled.

The Pluses:
- Great Location
- Great Rooms
- Great Executive Lounge
- The entire staff at the hotel were outstanding and created a wonderful customer experience
- Direct access by bus to Schiphol Airport (4 Euros / every 15 mins)

The Negatives:
NO NEGATIVES

I encourage you to stay at the Marriott Amsterdam, you will not be disappointed!!!

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is really great to hear that you enjoyed our location, rooms, executive lounge and the wonderful customer experience. Even better is to hear you did not find any improvement points, something we always strive for at Marriott Hotels.
We want to thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Warm regards,
Niten Sobti l Director of Room Operations
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Check in was nice and efficient, but right from entering the lobby you start to say is this a 5 star hotel or a nice Holiday Inn. Again, we're talking 5 stars here, but this was more like modest chain hotel. The room was nice and of sufficient space, but the toiletries were again modest for a 5* hotel. No bathrobes, no umbrella, and wireless at $30/day. The location is good as it is mid-way between the museumplein and the leidseplein. Did not use the fitness/health club or eat at any of the restaurants. If this were a 4* hotel, my rating would probably have been higher, but again I am rating it based on the 5* class they are supposed to represent.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank sirtravel
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My Family and I stayed for one week at the Amsterdam Marriott, after staying at other hotels in the same price range before in Amsterdam, my opinion is that the Marriott is the most modern and cleanest of them all. The breakfast selection is excellent though it’s a bit expensive at 26 Euros for the buffet. The other meals in the hotel are around about the same price as most of the other restaurants and hotels in the area. I would advise anyone to be prepared for the many rain showers that occur in Amsterdam, it can be sunny and a few minutes later you can have a thunder storm and it will be pouring with rain.

1 Thank PaulsReview
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We just stayed there for five nights. Hotel has the perfect location. It is a short walk to the major museums and just down the street from Vondelpark. The Executive Lounge is first rate with a wonderful breakfast buffet. It is well recommended.

• Stayed August 2011
Tuscany
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at Marriott Amsterdam with my wife and two children for 2 nights. I had a room with two double beds on the 5th floor, facing a grey courtyard (at the time of booking I requested one overlooking canals, but at my check-in they said there were no availability). The room was enough spacious for us with flat Tv, wardrobe, iron board, a desk and a mini-bar. Bathroom was moderately spacious and basically equipped with combined shower/bath-tube, hair-drier and furnished with average soaps and lotions. As Gold member I had free wi-fi and access to the Executive Lounge located at the ground floor (with access to member and one guest at time). I used Executive Lounge two times in the evening and I found soft drinks, beer and spirits; at that time there were only cakes and little desserts that disappeared very quickly and were no refurnished at all after 9 PM.: I couldn't say if on others hours it's different but it seemed to be an average lounge compared to others in same class hotels.
Breakfast was good and served in the Mid-Town Grill restaurant at the ground floor and there was several kinds of bread, cakes, cheese, sausages, salmon, eggs cooked to order, fresh fruits, tomatoes, potato meatballs, yoghurt, juices, tea and so on. After booking I emailed to Marriott to know about the possibility to buy Holland Pass directly from them, as I read on Holland Pass website. They answered yes, but after my check-in when I went to the concierge to purchase the pass, they told me to go to the Tourist Office because they couldn't help me.
Hotel is a 2-minutes walk from Leidseplein (with a tram and bus stop and a huge choice of restaurants and café), 1 minute from the Tourist Office and the Canal Bus stop. We arrived by train and we easily reached the Hotel by a ten minutes tram ride. With a 10 minutes stroll we could easily reach Vondelpark, Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum. There is an ATM in the Hotel and a supermarket three blocks away. I honestly think that Marriott Amsterdam is overpriced and should improve its service to retain 5 stars.

Room Tip: Be sure about availability of rooms overlooking canals