“A convenient hotel for both business and leisure”

Holiday Inn Amsterdam
Ranked #153 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have just arrived from a conference trip in Amsterdam , I stayed in Holiday inn Amsterdam for 4 nights starting from the 5th of December

Pros
The room interior and furniture was very good
The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable
The room seems to be sound proof as there was no noise
The hotel was very close to the metro and train station as well as to the conference center
it is a convenient hotel for both leisure and business
The breakfast buffet was very good
The staff was efficient and cooperative

Cons
The bathroom has no bidet
There were no diet sodas in the mini bar
The touristic pamphlets in the reception were limited

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Nienke V, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear dr aly f,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review about our hotel.

I am glad to read that you liked the make up of our rooms.

We have discussed your comments about the minibar and the touristic information and will be working on making this more convenient for our guests.

With kind regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently visited Amsterdam with a group of friends, and some of us shared a room. Any concerns we had were quickly dispelled when we arrived. The room was booked through a discount site, therefore were excellent value. However, the prices of the rooms advertised at the desk were way beyond what any of us would have paid. All of thought that the €83 per room per night paid was good value, as it also included a breakfast. This would have cost Euros 22.50 if paying seperately. The rooms were clean, a good size for sharing, comfortable, quiet and had reasonable bathrooms though not many little extras. We didn't bother with the TV or internet as this was expensive. We had to pay a returnable deposit to use an international plug. The hotel is situated at the very end of the tram No4 line which goes directly into the centre of Amsterdam. You can purchase a 24 hour cards for €7.50. The railway station that will take you straight to the airport is just across the road and costs 2.50 each way. Coming to the hotel get off at RAI. Everyone was helpful and spoke English. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2012

There ain't much in the vicinity of this hotel but a major highway and a minor railway station, both connecting to Schiphol Airport. None of the charming restaurants or pubs of Amsterdam is nearby. But that is not my most critical point, the bed is uncomfortably hard and in my case was slightly tilted to the outside. As my primary reason to stay in a hotel is to sleep, I am not tempted to return. The bathroom feels cold with creamy colored tiles, and the bath has in so many American hotels is not made to lie in, but to stand. Water quantity is the shower is minimal at around 8 am.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear DutchLion,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry your stay was negatively affected by the hotel location, uncomfortable bed and condition of the bathroom. I have noted your comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into to improve the quality and service that we offer to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business purposes for two nights on a bed and breakfast basis. Although it was not in my agreed rate I was offered a Priority Club floor and free internet access as well as a special discount while checking in thanks to my membership. The front office employees as well as the concierge were very respectful and helpful both at check-in and check-out. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable; the bathroom was of quality design, there was a coffee/tea maker in the room but no tea or coffee were served free. The major bottleneck in the room was that all the windows were locked and you could not get any fresh air into the room. The top floors (including the priority club floor) are the best if you want to see the city lights otherwise the area is mostly business district and there are no places of interest to see. The distance to the city centre is however not far away, taxi fare costs between 10-15 Euros depending on where you get in/out.
Breakfast served was of high quality and included both cold and hot buffet and a good choice of varieties; the area is however not very large, you might need to share your table with others if you arrive there at the morning rush hour. I did not have to use/evaluate other amenities of the hotel.

Room Tip: 14th floor is the priority club floor and 15th and 16th are executive floors; these floors are ideal...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was visiting Amsterdam with a group of friends. We had booked the hotel through a discount site. The actual prices of the rooms shown at the desk were way beyond what I would have paid. However, I think we got really good value for money at €83 per night. The rooms were clean,comfortable, quiet and had adequate bathrooms though not many little extras. The television worked on BBC1 and 2 with many other international channels. I was very disappointed to find that one had to pay an exorbitant price for the internet of €8.50 per hour so did not bother. The bar was good and the breakfast excellent, though again had it not been included, at €22.50, I would not have bothered. The staff were kind thoughtful and very willing to help. The hotel is situated at the end of the tram No4 line and goes directly into the centre of Amsterdam, a €7.50 card that you buy on the tram lasts for 24 hours, it is also a 2 minute walk to the station that takes you into the airport (get off at RAI for the hotel) we took a taxi which was a big mistake as that cost us €30. Everyone speaks really good English.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gale L
Reviewed December 3, 2012

If you need to go to an event at the RAI conference centre, you're jetting in from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, don't mind paying (and paying way too much) for WiFi, you can do no better than staying at this overpriced, somewhat tired and dark hotel. This hotel, which could clearly do with a spruce-up in the general areas and in the rooms, is with the Novotel across the road, the main convention hotel for the RAI. Not as modern and colourful as its neighbour, the dark-brown Inn has gone past its sell by date. Welcome at reception was friendly and efficient, the room (508) was OK but with two large beds too small to navigate around. Too much furniture we couldn't do anything with. The bathroom was OK too, but what hotel still has toilet bowls with continental shelfs? Flushing and showering wasn't exactly made a pleasure by the low water pressure. One good thing: a mini bar. Too many hotels do without them these days. How about a nice light decor for the bar and two friendly and efficient barmen in it? What really stunned us: 45 euros for 3 days WiFi where most hotels offer it for free. Mediocre hotel, great location for RAI, expensive for rooms and WiFi and drab styling. Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Highly recommended hotel for short stay passengers as its proximity to the airport is an added bonus. The friendly staff makes your stay very pleasant and the rooms are clean and very spacious and clean shower/bathroom. I had a very pleasant stay and since I missed my breakfast as I overslept (forgot to ask for a wake-up call), they kindly packed me some to take with me to the airport. The staff were all very accommodating and helpful from the chauffeur, to the cleaners and the receptionists.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo