note: the hotel was just putting up the scaffolding to start rennovation when I left on Feb 15. It was scheduled to start on Feb 16, so I don't know how the noise will be, but it was quiet when I was there.
this one is all about location. 5 minute walk from the Centraal train station (go across the bridge by the taxi stand at the east end of the train station... the road you want is a couple blocks to the right of Victoria Hotel as you have your back to the train station) - which makes your transport from Schipol to the hotel a very easy 20 minute train ride for 4 euro. Leidseplein, Ann Frank house, Dam Square, etc. all walkable - 20 minutes or so. Dam Square is less. Rijksmuseum is walkable also but maybe a 30 minute stroll.
The room is much larger than you normally get in Europe. I had 2 double beds. the entire hotel is supposedly non-smoking now. Everything was relatively clean, but is defnitely not the fanciest Crowne Plaza I've stayed in. All in all, I would stay there again if I were on business. If I were on leisure, I'd get adventurous and try one of the smaller "no-brand" boutique hotels around the area. There are tons of them.
The internet wireless was expensive at 19.95 euros. The pub downstairs had friendly service, but beer and food selection was lacking.
The front counter staff was extremely friendly - but I also didn't have issues that I needed them to resolve. the one note I will make about dissatisfaction is with the Porter. I needed a cab that would accept credit cards because I was short on euros (i didn't know at the time that this was rare in Amsterdam). I specifically told him that. The cab he put me in didn't take credit cards, but he assured me that it did. I had quite an issue when I arrived at my destination with not enough money to pay in cash.
The workout room and the pool are both tiny. don't expect to swim laps in the pool - its only about 10 meters long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimpton De Witt is the first Kimpton hotel outside the Americas, a true debut in Europe. The hotel is situated in the heart of Amsterdam's vibrant city centre and near Amsterdam’s Centraal station. Set within three original Renaissance-era buildings, it features 274 guest rooms, including 15 signature rooms and suites, and eight meeting rooms. Wyers Bar & Restaurant, run by Executive Chef SammyD, offers American comfort food with a Dutch twist. In line with Kimpton’s innovative and playful approach to design, the hotel features a “house within a hotel” – a four-storey ‘Little House’ which was once the childhood home of Dutch playwright, P.C. Hooft and dates back to the 1500s. Other distinctive features include a flower shop within the hotel and a Miss Louisa Coffee & Beignets walk-up window for locals to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Amsterdam