New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre
Ranked #21 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
“great location, fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a very nice hotel and I can't say enough about the great service. The room was also very comfortable and quiet. The on-site restaurant also had fantastic service. Very easy to get to Central Station, museums, red light district.

3 Thank Lynn K
CPamsterdam, Food & Beverage Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre and especially because of the services delivered.

Furthermore it is great to read that you enjoyed a meal in our New Dorrius restaurant. Our modern New Dorrius Restaurant & Bar offers a relaxing atmosphere. Enjoy delicious Dutch classics or international favourites. Meet each other for a cup of coffee during the day in our New Dorrius Bar, or for a cocktail in the evening. Enjoy a light lunch or a relaxed evening dinner with a good glas of wine.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre or in our restaurant New Dorrius.

Jaap Roomeijer
F&B Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel as it looked a safe bet. We knew it would be modern and clean and were unsure about other hotels. Although, now I have seen the other hotels, they all seem nice.
We booked a club room so had access to the club lounge. Was well worth the money as we drank, ate and chilled out a lot in there.
The hotel is very central but just enough round the corner for it to be quiet.
Would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anonkce
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre in one of our Club Rooms. Club rooms come with benefits benefits as for instance a Nespresso machine in your room and access to our Club Lounge. This is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day in town. Club guests enjoy browsing complimentary newspapers over breakfast, and return to use complimentary high speed internet and snacks and drinks until 11 pm.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we hope to welcome you back during one of your future visits to the city!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was booked into this hotel for three nights from 3rd Feb to 6th. I was attending the ISE Exhibition at the RAI and many other colleagues were in this hotel too, hence my decision to stay here. The hotel was an easy 5 min walk from the central train station and check-in was smooth and easy with very friendly staff. My room was on first floor and had all the usual facilities including tea/coffee making items were there. The room was comfortable enough but only of similar quality to many Premier Inn Hotels in the UK. I didn't make use of the breakfast/dining rooms as I was able to eat elsewhere and the hotel prices were not cheap given the price of the rooms. €712 for three nights should have included breakfast and free wifi but it didn't. Why these big hotels charge extra for wifi is beyond me. Just an average hotel in my opinion and rather over priced.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank AzzyBaby
CPamsterdam, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you stayed at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre during the ISE Exhibition at the RAI. I agree with you in saying that the location of the hotel is very convenient. The central railway station is located within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. The public transport also stops right in front of the hotel and will take you to all the highlights of Amsterdam.

I am sorry to read your comment regarding the rate. I would like to inform you that the internet for all our Rewards Club Members, which is our Loyalty Program, is free of charge. Enrolment for this program is free of charge and can be arranged directly in our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had a good stay at this place. Very nice location, near Amsterdam central. Shopping area's are all near by. Lot of options to eat nearby.

People at reception were very coporative and helpful. Room was very neat and clean. I had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Analchavan

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I agree with you in saying that the location is very convenient. Indeed the central railway station is located within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel and also other types of public transport stop right in front of the hotel and will take you to all the highlights which Amsterdam has to offer. Our concierge will be happy to assist you by giving advice what the best places are to visit in Amsterdam and of course what the best restaurants are to visit while you are here.

We hope to have the occasion of welcoming you back at the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam city centre in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Amazing service, i got here at 10 AM, my room was ready. The person who checked me in noticed it was my birthday and promptly congratulated me. This lady was named Samantha, this is important. I got cleaned up and spent the day being a tourist, got back to my room and was greeted with a very nice bottle of sparkling wine, and a birthday cake, sort of but it wad great.

Samantha sent a card wishing me a great day.

This was a wonderful way to come to my hotel room, after a wonderful day in a great city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.

It is wonderful to read that you were able to check in as soon as you arrived early in the morning. We will always do our utmost best to have the room ready for you upon your arrival even before check-in time. Furthermore it is a great pleasure to read that you appreciated the amenties delivered to your room by our Guest Relations department because you were celebrating your birthday.

The Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is hoping to having the pleasure to welcoming you back during one of your future visits to the city of Amsterdam!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here for two days meeting, and the hotel is indeed very central. It takes five minutes walk from the central station, and one can go everywhere just walking. So I would suggest it also for tourism. The personnel at the reception is indeed amazing, nice, kind and very helpful. It is interesting to see the difference with those in the restaurant, much more rude and unfriendly. A different management maybe? The food was also quite poor, breakfast a bit better than lunch. The room was really nice, comfortable bed and everything you need. I would indeed stay again here.

1 Thank Alessandr078
CPamsterdam, Food & Beverage Manager at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read that you stayed at Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre during your 2-day meeting. I agree with you in saying that the location is very convenient. The central railway station is located within 5 minutes walking distance and also other types of public transport stop right in front of the hotel and will take you to all the highlights which Amsterdam has to offer.

It is a great pleasure to read that you comment our Front Desk staff as being nice, kind and friendly. It is always a pleasure to read when staff is delivering the service they do. However I am sorry to read your comment concerning the restaurant staff. I apologize for this experience and we do hope for an opportunity to welcome you again in our restaurant under better circumstances to show you that our service level in our restaurant is also of good quality.

Would you like to share more information concerning your restaurant experience please contact me direclty via jaap.roomeijer@ihg.com. Once again thank you for your comment as this feedback is of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

It is wonderful to read that you will stay with us again, the Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre team is looking forward to welcoming you back!

Jaap Roomeijer
F&B Manager
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is my second review on Crowne Plaza Amsterdam. The hotel is in the heart of the city. It is 5 star hotel by European standards. Extremely clean. I requested a club room and was given the exact room I requested. I had access to the club room which was great. There is complimentary continental breakfast for those who stay in club rooms, as well as snacks throughout the day. Love the happy hour in New Dorrius Restaurant as well.

My only, only disappointment was with smell of cigarette smoke on my floor. The smell was so strong that one could not miss it. I reported this to the reception at the end of my stay so they probably did something about it.

Room Tip: Book through Crowne Plaza Website.