I stayed here for two days meeting, and the hotel is indeed very central. It takes five minutes walk from the central station, and one can go everywhere just walking. So I would suggest it also for tourism. The personnel at the reception is indeed amazing, nice, kind and very helpful. It is interesting to see the difference with those in the restaurant, much more rude and unfriendly. A different management maybe? The food was also quite poor, breakfast a bit better than lunch. The room was really nice, comfortable bed and everything you need. I would indeed stay again here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimpton De Witt is the first Kimpton hotel outside the Americas, a true debut in Europe. The hotel is situated in the heart of Amsterdam's vibrant city centre and near Amsterdam’s Centraal station. Set within three original Renaissance-era buildings, it features 274 guest rooms, including 15 signature rooms and suites, and eight meeting rooms. Wyers Bar & Restaurant, run by Executive Chef SammyD, offers American comfort food with a Dutch twist. In line with Kimpton’s innovative and playful approach to design, the hotel features a “house within a hotel” – a four-storey ‘Little House’ which was once the childhood home of Dutch playwright, P.C. Hooft and dates back to the 1500s. Other distinctive features include a flower shop within the hotel and a Miss Louisa Coffee & Beignets walk-up window for locals to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Amsterdam