We arrived at the Crowne Plaza at 10 am after an overnight transatlantic flight. We were checked in immediately and in our room by 10:15 am. Being able to relax and then freshen up after the long flight was great. The staff at the front desk and the concierge were very friendly and helpful. The room was on the small side, as noted in other reviews, but not so small that it felt cramped. It was clean, comfortable and modern. The bathroom was great. No complaints whatsoever. The location of the hotel was excellent and we would likely look to book it again should we return to Amsterdam (which I hope we will).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimpton De Witt is the first Kimpton hotel outside the Americas, a true debut in Europe. The hotel is situated in the heart of Amsterdam's vibrant city centre and near Amsterdam’s Centraal station. Set within three original Renaissance-era buildings, it features 274 guest rooms, including 15 signature rooms and suites, and eight meeting rooms. Wyers Bar & Restaurant, run by Executive Chef SammyD, offers American comfort food with a Dutch twist. In line with Kimpton’s innovative and playful approach to design, the hotel features a “house within a hotel” – a four-storey ‘Little House’ which was once the childhood home of Dutch playwright, P.C. Hooft and dates back to the 1500s. Other distinctive features include a flower shop within the hotel and a Miss Louisa Coffee & Beignets walk-up window for locals to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Amsterdam