We picked the Crowne Plaza City Centre as a place to spend a few days in Amsterdam before departing for our cruise; it was an excellent choice. The CP is in easy walking distance from the Amsterdam Centraal train station – allowing you to avoid a costly cab ride from the airport. It’s also near to the port. We chose to hire a cab for the short drive to the port to board our ship because of luggage, but you could walk it if you wanted to. The tram line stops right by the hotel allowing access to the entire transport system. There is a pedestrian street immediately behind the hotel with convenience stores and restaurants are nearby. Finally, the hotel is away from the congestion immediately surrounding the Centraal Station; I would not want to stay immediately adjacent to the train station.
Our room package came with access to the “Club Room”, which is a very worthwhile additional expense. The Club Room allows free Internet access, is always stocked with food and drink, and provides a spacious and comfortable place to relax and congregate. We used it much more than I would have expected. Though our hotel room was not spacious it was more than adequate. The room included both 110 and 220 volt power outlets, was modern and attractive, and had all the features we expected. The hotel was immaculate and the staff provided excellent service. Breakfast was provided in the restaurant and the Club Room as part of our package.
The workout room should be adequate for most people. Note that the hotel does NOT have a pool - the Trip Advisor site incorrectly indicates there is a pool though the hotel’s site is correct. I found the sauna in the men’s dressing room to be small and awkward to use. The only other negative was confusion regarding Internet service in the room. One clerk told us it was included with our package, another told us it was definitely not. Some type of browsing using the TV is available but the cost was not clearly stated. We just used the Club room Internet service as it was clearly included.
Hotel choice is always a compromise between cost, location, and features; I feel that the Crowne Plaza is an excellent choice for most Amsterdam visitors and would choose it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kimpton De Witt is the first Kimpton hotel outside the Americas, a true debut in Europe. The hotel is situated in the heart of Amsterdam's vibrant city centre and near Amsterdam’s Centraal station. Set within three original Renaissance-era buildings, it features 274 guest rooms, including 15 signature rooms and suites, and eight meeting rooms. Wyers Bar & Restaurant, run by Executive Chef SammyD, offers American comfort food with a Dutch twist. In line with Kimpton’s innovative and playful approach to design, the hotel features a “house within a hotel” – a four-storey ‘Little House’ which was once the childhood home of Dutch playwright, P.C. Hooft and dates back to the 1500s. Other distinctive features include a flower shop within the hotel and a Miss Louisa Coffee & Beignets walk-up window for locals to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Amsterdam