2,073 results
All reviewsdam squaregreat locationroyal palaceheineken brewerycentral stationtram stopanne frank househotel restauranttwin roomred light districttea and coffeerooms are smallcity breakpublic transportdelfthairdryereurope
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Very good location. Room are very nice as well and well serviced. They even kept gift for our 6 year old son in the room. Thanks. But two major problems-booking system is clumsy. No way to book for two adult and one child. Later they charge you extra for the children. Not nice. Also, the buffet breakfast is really poor. No eggs. Only bread, cheese and ham.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Good straight forward hotel. Great location. Good accommodation. Staff were really friendly and helpful. As a city centre hotel you couldn't go wrong. Didn't try food but restaurant was clean and looked reasonable. Very hot when we were there but they provided bottled water and sun screen in reception and the air con was kept on all the time

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonb101
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I travelled to Amsterdam with 5 friends for the first time and had no idea what to expect. This hotel is in such a fantastic location and the customer service at reception was exceptional. Very welcoming, nothing was too much, they even printed my boarding passes for me. Complimentary sun cream and water in reception. The rooms were great and clean and the restaurant and bar downstairs was very convenient.
If you are travelling to Amsterdam and want a central hotel, walking distance from everything, then this is the hotel for you. Great value for money. I would strongly recommend this hotel and cant wait to come back.One thing for all you girlies out there....the rooms do have hair dryers but they are rubbish, take your own.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and the reception area is very nice. The rooms are very plain, no frills at all. Very dark. lighting isn’t great. Lack of plug sockets and mirrors. Tv didn’t work. Fridge actually heated things up! I wouldn’t suggest it’s a 4 star, more like a 3. Great central location.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank justine n
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a couple traveling 4 days from the 31st August. I booked this hotel due to its central location & I wasn’t disappointed.
From Schiphol Airport we got the train to Central Station. The train station is located in the airport and it’s easy to find your platform. The transfers were expensive and this way we only paid €4.30 each. From Central Station it’s a five minute walk down one straight road to the hotel.

The only downside I have in regards to this hotel is the check-in time of 15:00. Our flight was an early morning and we had to wait around to get our room. However the young lady on reception changed our room to one which was ready and we got in around 13:30.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable; however I must note that the beds were 2 singles pushed together with a mattresses topper on; not ideal for a couple.

We had a room on the 5th floor and considering its central location we never heard any noise whatsoever.

The room has all the basic facilities and offers shower products, hairdryer and a safe. The only thing we missed was an iron.

We never ate in the hotel but the breakfast and main meals looked lovely!
The drinks was a bit pricey but it’s the same anywhere due to the hotels location.

To the right of the hotel there is a supermarket with everything you need & Dam Square is a stones throw away. Trams and buses run right outside the hotel and it’s easy to see the sights of Amsterdam. Ice Bakery is a must!! Cakes are amazing here.

The hotel staff are really helpful and due to the heatwave they even provided cold bottled water, skin wipes and sun screen. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple