When you first arrive at Port Van Cleve it looks like many of the typical Dutch buildings in Amsterdam butwhen you get inside you realise that it is a modern building within an old fronted property. Still it was a friendly, clean and inviting hotel. The reception staff were efficient and helpful. We had room only so I can't comment onthe food, although I was talking to other guests who recommended the steak in the restaurant. The room was small but comfortable, warm and clean. For me the best feature of this hotel was the bar. It is a beautiful large room with fantastic old blue Delft tiles all along the back wall. The Heineken beer tap was also huge and made of Delf pottery and the beer that came out of it was heavenly. The bar staff were very warm and pleasant (unlike some other Amsterdammers) and I could have stayed there all night if I didn't have other things to do. Port Van Cleve is next door to a huge shopping centre for your souvenirs and it is directly behind the Royal Palace on Dam Square. It took me about 10 minutes to walk here from Centraal Station and there is a tram stop right outside if you prefer public transport. I love the location of this hotel. If I was returning for a romantic weekend with my wife I'd probably not stay here but for a functional business room or leisure room this place is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam