This is in a great location; 5 minutes from Dam Square, 10 minutes from Anne Frank Museum. The Van Gogh museum is further at about a 25 minute walk. Our room was tiny, with barely any room to move around the luggage and beds. There were giant stains on the curtains and light shades, but it didn't bother me enough to ask for another room. Luckily the bathroom was very clean. The people next to us were in a non-smoking room, but were smoking pot every night -- just know that that might happen. Definitely ask for a room away from the street. We were located in the back, but there was still noise from outside. I imagine, though, that it would have been a lot louder out front. Staff was very nice and attentive. Still, great deal considering the price we paid and the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam