Die Port van Cleve
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$68
$57
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$204
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$414
$384
Agoda.com
$544
$316
  • Restaurant
Hotel Van Gogh(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
2,024 results
All reviewsdam squaregreat locationroyal palaceheineken brewerytram stopcentral stationanne frank househotel restauranttwin bedsred light districttea and coffeerooms are smallcity breakpublic transportdelfthairdryereurope
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from 7th July 2014 . Very central location , beside Dam square , good shops nearby,10 minute walk to central station. Tram and bus stop outside. Staff very friendly and efficient . The hotel has character , love the tiles ,it was the original Heineken brewery .Hotel clean and tidy.Our room was on 4th floor. 2 lifts to floors as well as stairs. Spacious bedroom with amble storage space. Extra pillows provided. The room had tea /coffee making facilities , safe , loads of towels and toiletries in bathroom. Hair dryer was provided in bathroom , I only used it to clear condensation of mirror as I had brought my own. Good tv signal and choice of channels to watch including BBC . Numerous sockets which is handy when trying to charge a couple of phones. Good wifi signal. Bed comfortable . Loads of hot water for showers .2 extra chairs and a small table . Small fridge . Air conditioning unit. Hotel information booklet. Room clean and maid service daily changed towels and replenished supplies. Booked breakfast it a buffet serve yourself . Good choice of hot and cold . Cereals, cold meats and cheese, fruit , yoghurt , breads, fruit juice , bacon , eggs , sausages , waffles , pancakes , muffins , tea and coffee. Left luggage facility. Will recommend to friends and will use again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Turky26
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days 2 nights. Had a fantastic time, could not fault the hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and the range of choice for breakfast was fantastic!! Would stay here again.
Very helpful staff.
Room was lovely and clean.
Excellent!!!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We have just had a short break in Amsterdam and stayed in this hotel (2 nights - 5 & 6 July) - Lovely hotel, in a prime location for exploring the City. The staff were all very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Whilst our room was average to small (adequate), it was very clean and tidy. How much time do you spend in a room, when you have such a splendid City to explore. We stayed B & B and thoroughly enjoyed the Hot & Cold Buffet Breakfast. Would certainly stay here again, and would recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: We had a room out the back and it was quiet - Not sure what the front ones would be like with the Trams running just outside
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Upon arrival to the hotel we were informed our room had been upgraded, for which I expressed appreciation for the consideration. The room’s décor and carpeting was definitely dated and reminded me more of what one would expect from in a motel or rather cheap hotel; however, the room was appreciably clean, with several amenities. The first night was comfortable, but the next day we noted the air-conditioning was not working. While it was not terribly hot during that time of the month with the windows open, my wife and I were both suffering from allergies at that time and would have preferred not to have to leave the windows open. We also had quite a bit of Belgium chocolates we wished to keep cool. More importantly, if one prefers (and pays) to sleep quite cool, then it should be provided if at all possible. We filled out a form that is provided in the room if maintenance is needed and left it on the door as instructed, but upon returning that evening we noticed the request slip was still hanging on the door and the air had not been fixed. I reported it to the concierge and rather than offering another room, all we received was a suggestion to use the refrigerator for our chocolates. Mind you, I’m not saying the staff was unpleasant; it’s just that some of them lacked a concerned professionalism and it was disappointing that no accommodation was offered and no repairs done in the remaining two days of our stay.

The breakfasts were included and offered something for everybody and while it would be considered an average tasting fare, the restaurant was clean and the staff polite. The hotel is actually in a fairly convenient location for quite a bit of sightseeing and is particularly close to the Red Light District. If you want a relaxed location or one that is romantic, this is not for you; however, it served our purposes well enough. Most hotels I research and arrange myself, but I admit this was one I actually left up to a travel agent to plan and this I regret doing. I would not stay there again, nor recommend it out of hand, but if it fits your budget best and seems like an ideal location in which to center your touring, then it is a reasonable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alvinsimms
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the Port van Cleve for four nights. This hotel was selected because of it's proximity to most of the attractions in Amsterdam and the central station for Eurostar. The location was excellent with a 5-10 minute walk from the station, or just two short stops on the tram. The hotel is within easy walking distance of many of the wide range of restaurants and bars in Amsterdam. It is also close to Dam square, the beautiful area around the Westerkerk and 10 minutes from the red light district. There is also a large supermarket and a shopping mall very close by. I would recommend taking the hop on - hop off bus tour first if you are a new visitor and don't know Amsterdam very well. The hotel itself is more than adequate for a short stay. It has a classical look with dark wood and a delft motif in the bedrooms, plus, for art lovers, a reproduction of 'The Night Watch' Rembrandt painting in the foyer. The bathroom is well stocked with towels and toiletries etc. and the coffee making facilities are a bonus. Staff were friendly and welcoming. My only reservation is that the dark wood made the room seem gloomy, so next time I would request a room on a higher floor - we stayed on the third.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite dark during the day. Ask for a room on a high floor where there is likely to be more light.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple