We stayed 3 nights at this very good hotel. The staff were warm, friendly and helpful. The room was one of their excellent business suites and it gave us all we needed (their website claimed 'has wonderful views over the city' but if you wish to book one of these just make sure it does because ours was only on 1st floor and didn't). Excellent location opposite the palace and the New Church, just over the road from Dam Square. Frequent trams right outside, but easy walking distance to many of the major attractions of Amsterdam. Breakfast was good quality and as much as anyone could want. We didn't try the restaurant as there were many charming pavement cafe's on the canals nearby. If revisiting Amsterdam we would certainly consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam