Die Port can Cleve is located just a block away from the central square and right next to a big mall. It is a walking distance away from the central railway station. At the same time you can find the most beautiful channels in the city only a heartbeat away.
The hotel it self is biggish, but you can still have the great feeling of tightness in corners and stairs. That feeling, combined with the channels, is the essence of Amsterdam, in my humble opinion. Don't worry: the elevator works fine as well!
Rooms are quite small, but that is what you can expect in this kind of center-located hotel. Breakfast table was more than plentiful and the service admirable. If you can find a room with a decent price, I warmly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve is a famous Dutch hotel located directly behind the Royal Palace & facing Dam Square. Due its central location, you will find many touristic and cultural sites within walking distance. Hotel Die Port van Cleve has a rich history. Heineken opened its first brewery in this building in 1864. Brasserie ‘De Poort’ is famous for its numbered steaks and Bar-Bodega ‘De Blauwe Parade’ has an unique Delft blue tile fresco dating from 1887. At the beginning of 2012, rooms were soft refurbished and all rooms were redecorated with references to the authentic tile fresco in the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Die Port van Cleve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam